Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdVein)
    No they wouldn't given that it's blacklisted.

OP I would recommend Economics, although it's certainly not a requirement it will be more of a help than FM (at least in your first year)
    Ok this may have been changed but I'm 100% sure that I read it on the LSE prospectus that they would want you to take Business Studies if Economics wasn't offered - maybe they've changed it for this year, I don't know.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by kai4321)
    Ok this may have been changed but I'm 100% sure that I read it on the LSE prospectus that they would want you to take Business Studies if Economics wasn't offered - maybe they've changed it for this year, I don't know.
    I don't ever remember LSE stating that... Bath, on the other hand, do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    I don't ever remember LSE stating that... Bath, on the other hand, do.
    If not LSE then definitely a top 5 uni because I remember at some point reading it and also someone on these forums stated it but said might not be wise considering the other top 5 unis wouldn't really like you to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kai4321)
    If not LSE then definitely a top 5 uni because I remember at some point reading it and also someone on these forums stated it but said might not be wise considering the other top 5 unis wouldn't really like you to do it.
    cambridge make an exception for BS- if you want to do economics, yet econ a level isnt offered by your school, they say BS may be a good a level to do.

ReputationRep:
    Asked UCL and they said;
    "The Economics department here at UCL does not specify a preference
    between Further Maths and Economics."

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.