Turn on thread page Beta

Natwest Overdraft Extension watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going into third year and could really use my £200 overdraft extension right about now. Anyone know how early they'll release it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, I could do with mine really. I read that people who have just opened an account can get theirs after their uni place is confirmed, so after A Levels.

With that in mind, could we get ours on the grounds that we have some results and so are definitely continuing? I may ring tomorrow and see if they'll give me monies.

ReputationRep:
    Your logic makes sense, but I'm fairly sure they have a set date for releasing continuing students' overdrafts, and I'm not sure when that is, or how flexible they are about it.

ReputationRep:
    HSBC gave my friend hers today, she's going into second year. They said it was fine if she wanted it now. So its worth asking!

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying 'cause I can't remember when I got my extension last year. I'll go through my statements, see if I can figure it out.

EDIT: Could well have been June y'know, I'm definitely ringing to ask tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to know it they extend it automatically, or if you have to ask. I'll be needing every last penny of my overdraft until my loan comes through D: (I'm with HSBC btw)

ReputationRep:
    I had the same overdraft limit for the past two years until I realised I could extend it (as it hasnt been done automatically). You have to ask, I went into a branch and asked for it to be extended, they did it straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiah)
    I just want to know it they extend it automatically, or if you have to ask. I'll be needing every last penny of my overdraft until my loan comes through D: (I'm with HSBC btw)
    With Natwest, you definitely have to ask, but I think the same is true of other banks. They can normally do it within 24 hours of approving the increase.

ReputationRep:
    They aren't doing it until the first week of september, I tried today.

ReputationRep:
    So did I. They said the same. I might try again in a different branch though, because this is a branch virtually next door to the University.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into third year too - How much does the overdraft extension make the overdraft? Think mine is currently around £1400..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    I'm going into third year too - How much does the overdraft extension make the overdraft? Think mine is currently around £1400..
    You get another £200

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    So did I. They said the same. I might try again in a different branch though, because this is a branch virtually next door to the University.
    They are correctamundo Dionysus. There is usually a closed period up until middle of August(ie first year new students overdrafts bit) unless you are a graduate student.

ReputationRep:
    Does any one know, if i'm in my fourth year and haven't extended my over draft at all (i.e. natwest :. £1250), if i go and ask for an extension now, can i get just one years worth of extension (£1400, i think), or can i extend it all the way up to the 4th year limit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovy_moose)
    Does any one know, if i'm in my fourth year and haven't extended my over draft at all (i.e. natwest :. £1250), if i go and ask for an extension now, can i get just one years worth of extension (£1400, i think), or can i extend it all the way up to the 4th year limit?
    There really is only one way to find out...you have to be credit scored again I think.

Call them up (or visit them or whatever) and then get a decision. Ask for the maximum possible.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, that is true, just wondering whether anyone had done something similar, was all.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.