Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do I rephrase 'laziness' in a less negative way. watch

ReputationRep:
    As in the title... How do you rephrase laziness in a less negative way?

ReputationRep:
    lethargic?

ReputationRep:
    you were "organisationally challenged" :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Unmotivated? If you're changing the course you're doing say it was because you didn't enjoy it, but now you're doing something you know you'll enjoy you'll be alot more motivated.

ReputationRep:
    Laid back. Thats what I use.

ReputationRep:
    Can't be arsed, lethargic, apathetic??

ReputationRep:
    Relaxed, laid back.

Whoever gave you "slow to adapt to uni life" deserves a pat on the back. :p:

Rather than replace laziness with another word, trying and spin it a little...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    CS is a mod? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    unmotivated

ReputationRep:
    Talk about how you found it difficult making the transition to uni life. Moving away from home, a lot more independent study etc.

Don't just say you couldn't be arsed.

ReputationRep:
    Why not leave the academic world for a year or so and work? How can you continue applying for a new course when you've just spent thousands on nothing due to your lazyness!?

Go and get a job, become organised, experience the real world alongside a workforce of adults, drop the laziness....it's as simple as that?

ReputationRep:
    lack of motivation?

ReputationRep:
    Inertia, Lethargic, small period where you lost motivation, readjustment of priorities, adjustment to different requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustYourTypicalBlonde)
    lack of motivation?
    This! Just say you lacked motivation due to disinterest for the subject area/course/realised it was wrong for you. Or that you weren't ready.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
    Whoever gave you "slow to adapt to uni life" deserves a pat on the back. :p:

Rather than replace laziness with another word, trying and spin it a little...:rolleyes:
    You're a mod? :borat:

Oh, if it is your first year say you found it hard to make up the step up from A Levels to Undergraduate level.

ReputationRep:
    You found it hard to fit in/ adjust and it took it's toll on your motivation?

ReputationRep:
    You were effort-selective. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I said that the course I was doing was not what I was expecting and thus found it very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Saving the planet of natural resources by doing less activity and hence needing to take in less energy...

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.