Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this girl worth a year and half of my life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    She doesn't seem worth being with because, as you've said, you can't trust her at all. A relationship is nothing without trust, especially a relationship where you don't see each other often. It also seems like she doesn't particularly want to be in a relationship as she seems to like jumping from guy to guy quite a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly - get rid. She is really not worth it. If she was seeing you whilst with her other 'bf' chances are if you end up being with her in a proper relationship she will do the same to you.
    I really think you should do all you can do get away from her as much as possible before you get really depressed - I was in a similar situation but with a guy but he was not sleeping or anything just lead me on the ****.

Anyway just forget her she is not worth it. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slick_Bro)
    a5d: its in the post dude... promise ;]

samthevet123: yeah its that exactly man. Iv been through the whole 'blame myself' period and all thankfully my mates helped me see through that crap.

Cheers for all the feedback btw guys. Great you can tolerate reading that mini novel of mine.
    As insanely well as she must do "kissy, kissy" to have kept your interest this long, you need to move on. Rather than dwelling on your relationship, it's time to accept you were probably never in one begin with. You deserve more, like real love which this so clearly isn't; it's infatuation on your part, and a little distraction for her.

PS. Don't tell her parents in any case, thats just petty. Their probably a big part of why she's rebellious.

ReputationRep:
    Ahem... my medal please.

:p:

That ***** is a ho. Dump that slut!

ReputationRep:
    Once a slut always a slut. Sluts are only good for one thing. They're not meant for relationships. Don't waste your time bro.

ReputationRep:
    I dont have enough stamps for all these bloody medals.
    Cheers for the feedback people ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slick_Bro)
    Hi, ill try to make this as short as possible. Sorry it is a long story and will very much appreciate any feedback no matter how small.

Last year i hooked up (kissy kissy not sucky sucky etc) with this girl who i was ridiculously into, she told me she was gonna break up with her bf at the time anyway and i stupidly jumped feet first in love with her. We both immediately regretted the kiss and emotional attachment knowing it was bad on her bf but because we had bottled up our feelings for each other for some time we couldnt help but stay in contact and meet up once in a while.

Then all of a sudden she started pushing me away. I understood her dilema and tried my best to respect it but at the same time some other guy appeared on the scene. He was flirting with her ridiculously and on several occasions had tried to 'get something' off her. She just reassured me it was nothing and carried on fooling about (flirting with, dirty dancing etc) with this guy with no respect for her bf (who she was apparently soon to break up with) and me (who had pretty much accepted the fact he'd been led on and was doing his best to remain friends).

One day i took her aside and explained best i could what she was doing was outright wrong. In response to this she got extremely drunk at a club and snuck into the mens restroom with the guy who had tried it with her in the past (i dont know how far they went but it seemed alittle further than kissing). I know this because i kicked the door in and punched him a few times, seeing her pantyless and a condom wrapper in the toilet basin. I was heartbroken and had no idea what to do.

We spoke about it and she went on to say it was 'the drink', 'a spur of the moment' and she 'felt pressured'. After many talks she apologised but never gave me the full story. A month or two of awkwardness passed and she said she missed me and wanted to sort stuff out. Then i found out she was still speaking to restroom guy and was furious, i met up with her and confronted her about it and she promised never to speak to the guy again out of respect for her now Ex bf and me.

A month passed and we met up again. This time we hooked up again (kissy kissy). I afterall was smitten for the girl and apparently she was for me. She was going to University literally days later and i was going into the world of work. Knowing she couldnt be fully trusted i explained to her our problem but am a fond believer that people can change. I wanted to give us a chance to build on her mistakes and grow from it. She seemed doubtful for a few minutes but after explaining how much i believed in it her doubts vanished.

A month into her university life she started acting funny with me. I know its difficult to balance meeting new people with the rest of life and i wasnt going to say that i was a priority at all as far as her university career is concerned. Eventually i a few months in realied why. Pictures of her with other guys (dirty dancing, being intimately close to etc) sprung up on facebook almost every other night. I took the photos with a pinch of salt at first but soon cracked and confronted her about it. At which point which got very secretive with me and i found it even harder to meet up with her seeing as she never made clear when she was actually free. She justified the secretiveness as 'we're not together so it doesnt matter'. I was getting more and more down about it.

Soon a friend was told by a mature student at her university he had slept with her. From that point we have had constant on and off arguements about her telling me the full story and she claims none of the alledged stories told are true. She said recently that she is unsure she wants to be with someone now. I found her to still be in contact with restroom guy and this was explained as 'he accidently text me and i made civil small talk with him'.

I admit i have lashed out several times and have stupidly even resorted to threatening her with telling her dad (who would go ballistic at her if he found out the whole story, very orthodox religious reasons) to highlight the concequences of her actions. Yes i know thats cold hearted and stupid in every way but i feel like thats the only thing that gets through to her. Even when we talk about the possibility of an 'us' comes up she is still leaning to the fact she likes me but has no idea what she is doing/thinking/feeling. My threats cant make matters any better im sure but in my eyes its better to have the truth and be dissapointed than to wonder and wreck my brain.

Thing is i dont trust the girl but am completely in love with her at the same time. Any ideas what on earth to do?

PS. If you have read this through you def deserve a medal :]
    Sounds like you got a hottie, slutty girl that you are after.

You sound like such a nice guy, she is going to hurt you. She isnt worth your time

ReputationRep:
    She just isnt that into you! There's probably a great girl out there who you aren't getting the chance to meet cos you're wasting all your time on this one.
    And lets face it, she cheated on her bf, so its no surprise she did it to you (even if you weren't officially 'together')

ReputationRep:
    bit clingy...

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like she was never into you. I know a lot of girls who unintentionally lead on guys they don't really fancy. Usually because they like the guys as friends and and don't want to hurt the guys feelings. Its actually really cruel.

She doesn't even sound that slutty. She's single and just wants a good time whereas you think that there's something special between you two eventhough you guys were never really together. And if someone threatened to tell my dad about my personal life I would never risk actually being in a relationship with them.

If you haven't gotten together after one and a half years then you probably never will.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.