Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I would just like to find out from someone currently doing his/her PhD to shed some light (briefly) on what they actually do a daily-basis as a PhD. Preferably someone in Arts or Finance or any other social sciences!

ReputationRep:
    ??

ReputationRep:
    I'm going out soon but I'll post tomorrow. Remind me if I don't.

The very brief answer is it varies wildly both in terms of form and content.

ReputationRep:
    Cool... Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow... Is there anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    If you know this site already then forgive me, but it can be very informative.

http://www.postgraduateforum.com/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dawhizzy)
    Hey guys, I would just like to find out from someone currently doing his/her PhD to shed some light (briefly) on what they actually do a daily-basis as a PhD. Preferably someone in Arts or Finance or any other social sciences!
    "On a daily basis" and "first year" could be a bit tricky at the moment, as most of the PhD students who started in 2008 will have finished their first year by now. I'd have found that question easier to answer if you had asked me three months ago.:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    If you know this site already then forgive me, but it can be very informative.

http://www.postgraduateforum.com/
    Thanks for the website link!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.