Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it legal to have 2 student bank accounts?? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roberto_Ferrari)
    When I applied for student finance, I already gave details of my current non student account with Halifax for them to pay the loan into. But I intend to open an Natwest student account on results day- is it too late to change it? When can i change the details until?
    As stated above, you can change you details any time by logging in and selecting to change the bank details....
    If possible, which in most situations shouldn't be a problem, keep open the original bank account until you are sure that the money is/will be paid into your student account; to ensure that you get your money without any problematic hold-ups!

ReputationRep:
    I have a student bank account with Halifax, I had a similar problem, where my loan didnt cover my accomodation. I rang Natwest as they had such a good deal on with freebies, i told them my situation, telling them i already had an account. But as i have a part time job i told them that I would put at least £200 every month into that account. And they were fine with that and said i could have my overdraft no problem. So if your going to open two, i would recommend the two i have used as they were brilliant with me. Hope that helps

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.