Turn on thread page Beta

Always manage to push boys away watch

ReputationRep:
    Like the title says I always seem to push boys away I met a guy a while back + we've been speaking + kissed a few times but not really seeing each other. I am afraid that all he wants is sex and Im still a virgin which is why I cant seem to get too close to him, hes even asked if I like him because sometimes it seems like I do and sometimes it doesnt. He said he really likes me but I cant get it out of my head that its just a way of getting me to bed. One of my friends said if he did just want to sleep with me he would have given up by now.

But to me it doesnt seem like he wants a relationship with me

Advice anyone?

Do you smell ?

ReputationRep:
    ask him! or make it obvious you wont be ready to sleep with him for a very long time.

some guys are dicks that just want to sleep with people. others actually enjoy relationships for the whole emotional aspect. i'm afraid the only way your going to be able to tell, is probably to just go for it, and risk making a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion is that you'll remain alone and unhappy if you keep thinking the worst of potential partners. Obviously no-one likes to get hurt, but it sounds like he hasn't actually initated any sex with you, which to me suggests he's a decent fellow in that respect. Your stance seems similar to that of a person who refuses to have a bf/gf for fear of being cheated on. In the long-run, that male or female will miss out on how great a proper relationship can be and I think appplies to you in a similar way.

ReputationRep:
    No I dont smell!

And thanks, Im going to have to risk making a mistake arent I

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly like you. I always think that what guy's really and only want in the end is getting you into bed.
    This type of thinking's jeopardised a lot of things for me though, so like everyone's said I've come to the conclusion you just have to take the leap, and risk getting hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Just let him know that you arn't going to be having sex with him anytime soon and that if he wants a relationship it would just be kissing. You dont have to be obvious about it just say your not ready to lose your virginity yet and you think you'd have to be with someone a while before you do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly like this! I'm sort of seeing a guy and we've kissed and all. He's asked me to be his girlfriend but I told him no because I don't want to be used in any way(though i didn't tell him why). I feel bad for it though because I really like him and vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cccch)
    Like the title says I always seem to push boys away I met a guy a while back + we've been speaking + kissed a few times but not really seeing each other. I am afraid that all he wants is sex and Im still a virgin which is why I cant seem to get too close to him, hes even asked if I like him because sometimes it seems like I do and sometimes it doesnt. He said he really likes me but I cant get it out of my head that its just a way of getting me to bed. One of my friends said if he did just want to sleep with me he would have given up by now.

But to me it doesnt seem like he wants a relationship with me

Advice anyone?
    In short, see the bits in bold. :p: that sums it up really.

But I can see what you mean. Really, unless you talk to him (which might not even do any good if you're just not going to believe him if he says he's not just looking for sex), the only thing you can really do here is either take the risk with him, or leave it.

I personally think you should take the risk with him as you have nothing to lose (apart from your virginity :awesome:)

But if you didn't feel ready to sleep with him or whatever, all you'd have to do is say.

There really shouldn't be any reason you should have issues in this situation - I think you're in more control than you think :yes:

I think honesty is the best policy - ask him what he wants from you and what his 'intentions' are.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Im not scared of losing my virginity + wouldn't mind with him but I don't want to embarrass myself in front of him if all he does want is sex and well, I dont know how to

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.