Turn on thread page Beta

Lost National Insurance # watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've lost the card, and don't know the number - how do I go about getting it replaced?

Thanks in advance, Trefusis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trefusis1234445)
    I've lost the card, and don't know the number - how do I go about getting it replaced?

Thanks in advance, Trefusis.
    From Directgov:
    If you've lost or can't remember your NI number

If you think you already have a number but can't remember it, you might be able to find it on official paperwork you've got at home, like:

* your end of year statement of tax (P60)
    * a payslip
    * a copy of your annual tax return
    * other official correspondence

Your NI number never changes even if you go abroad, marry, register as a civil partner, change your name, etc.

If you still can't find your number, contact your local Jobcentre Plus, social security office or HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) NI Contributions Office and they'll tell you what to do.

If you've lost your NI number card

If you've lost your NI number card you should tell your local Jobcentre Plus office. If you want a replacement card you'll need to fill in an application form. Remember you're only allowed one replacement card.

ReputationRep:
    I lost my card last year...well someone else did who was safe keeping it for me, and i phoned up a number i found on yahoo answers and they told me i was allowed 1 replacement and so sent me a letter about it.

However on the letter, it says that the letter can be used in place of the card and so therefore i havent used my replacement up, ive been using the letter and a job i had last summer accepted it in the place of my card.

ReputationRep:
    You can contact the NI Contributions office 0845 302 1479 who'll most likely just pass you onto the Lost National Insurance Number department.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.