Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Worst attempt to entice me into voting for the toffs. Hands me a leaflet.. says can we count on your support.

Well give me a good reason and I might consider it.

Grrr

ReputationRep:
    Where abouts do you live?

What does the leaflet say?

Negative campaigning against the liberal democrats I expect ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CandyFlipper)
    What does the leaflet say?

Negative campaigning against the liberal democrats I expect ...
    Yep, said I was voting lib dems.. didnt like it one bit

(Original post by e-lover)
    Where abouts do you live?
    Cornwall

(Original post by JmsG)
    But what did the leaflet say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmsG)
    Worst attempt to entice me into voting for the toffs. Hands me a leaflet.. says can we count on your support.

Well give me a good reason and I might consider it.

Grrr
    Whaddya know, snobbery is alive and well!

ReputationRep:
    But what did the leaflet say?
    Half of it was concerned with how the conservatives are getting ahead of the libs dems and ukip. This being the reason you should vote for them.

I didn't get to read the other half.. it ended up in the bin.

(Original post by JmsG)
    I didn't get to read the other half.. it ended up in the bin.
    Yet you complain that they weren't offering you their policies. Surely you should read all leaflets and opinions, and then make an informed decision based on what you believe makes the most sense; and not based on class snobbery inherited from your parents?

ReputationRep:
    Yet you complain that they weren't offering you their policies. Surely you should read all leaflets and opinions, and then make an informed decision based on what you believe makes the most sense; and not based on class snobbery inherited from your parents?
    Ahem this is a democracy not a book club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmsG)

Cornwall
    Fairplay to you, it's funny seeing the Cons faces when you tell them that, I answered the door once and my mum was out and the cheeky Conservative git was demanding from me (he had a bit of an attitude) who my mum was voting... I told him anyone but Conservative, please don't bother us again.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously they didn't make it the goal of thier leaflet to show thier policies so why should I actively seek it out?

Class snobbery? No, I developed that one myself

ReputationRep:
    The mask really slips from the faces of the LibLabCon canvassers when I tell them I'm a UKIP voter. Their reaction is just too delicious.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin does this, handing out leaflets that is, some people open the door and say they have swine flu.

He's doing what we'd call 'Voter ID' (at least, that's what it's called in the Labour party). He's not actually trying to convince you. He'll have you down as 'against' now, which means you probably won't get many more. They'll be targeting the 'for' and 'maybe's...

(Original post by Tamora)
    The mask really slips from the faces of the LibLabCon canvassers when I tell them I'm a UKIP voter. Their reaction is just too delicious.
    What mask? I think it's pretty clear we dislike UKIP/BNP... I don't hesitate to tell people they're wrong when they tell me they're voting fascist...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alasdair)
    What mask? I think it's pretty clear we dislike UKIP/BNP... I don't hesitate to tell people they're wrong when they tell me they're voting fascist...
    How are the BNP and UKIP in any way equivelant and how are the UKIP fascist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alasdair)
    The one that's all professional which slips when they find out I'm a UKIP supporter. And UKIP and the BNP have markedly different policies apart from the most well known one - leaving the EU. UKIP is in no way fascist, so I'm not wrong. You could detail why you think UKIP is wrong without the character assassination, but then your side's arguments have become old, cliched and have been shredded, and I haven't seen anything new. And I could argue that you support a growing facism, albeit not intentionally I'm sure. But then perhaps not, we probably don't need another thread about the EU.

I'm not a BNP supporter and its supporters can defend it themselves.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.