Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

No way was that 'tall paul' as in Paul Lynch?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, Paul Sellwood (but he hates his surname)... Seems Tall Paul's a popular nickname for Lancs people .

ReputationRep:
    Yes its me mike...

All of Tall's auditions were nerve racking... i was joining him in tormenting people.. [no we are not that mean honest... ]
    it wa his ... unique way of auditioning.. sure it scared the hell out of people, but at the same time we saw some truely spectacular results, so its worth it imo...

as to the socks.. i think that was the point...:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meandmylies)
    Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd get my advertising hat on and tell you all about Lancaster University Theatre Group (LUTG for short), which has all your acting and backstage needs covered in one awesome society.

Next term we're going to be putting on four shows and will be looking for actors and people to do backstage work and make them a success! Plus if you join our society (for £5 a year - bargain!), you'll get the chance to act in or help out with the 10 or more professional-quality shows we'll be putting on this year at Lancaster! As well as this, we'll be having loads of socials and fun events to keep you occupied throughout the year! We're one of the biggest societies at Lancaster, meaning you'll get to meet loads of friendly, amazing people through Theatre Group

How does that sound? Pretty amazing, I think you'll agree!

For more info about LUTG and what we do, we've got a website:
    www.theatregroup.co.uk

And a Facebook group:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?r...gid=2205325042

I'll also be around to answer any questions you might have about LUTG, so feel free to ask away.

Hope to see you at Freshers Fair!

Omg, I can't wait! I'm actually at the Edinburgh fringe festival right now with a play. I do backstage, and i absolutely love it. Definitely joining! Will see you in september/october XD

EDIT: Just saw you're up here too with Much Ado. I've definitely seen you guys around on the mile. Will come say hi if i see you tomorrow. We're the Sweeney Todd people (black t shirts and red sweeney todd on back)

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, meandmylies!

Me and a friend are without doubt going to be applying to this theatre group! It sounds really excting, especially as Our Country's Good is one of my pet loves!

I'm really looking foward to joining, especially at £5 a year, fantastic! :yep:

Also meandmylies, might I also be able to foward a question about my subject choice to you as you seem to be a Lancaster student?

Thanks,
    chris!

ReputationRep:
    Great to hear from you, Mother_Russia - definitely check out Much Ado, it's only on till the end of this week and it's a really entertaining show! See if you can grab one of the cast/production team members afterwards, tell them you'll be joining LUTG next term (and that Michael sent you ) and you might be able to persuade them to come see Sweeney Todd too!

ChrisEG, that's brilliant! Great to hear you like Our Country's Good, cos that's the play I'm involved with .

And yep, go ahead, I'll do my best to answer

ReputationRep:
    Will do, I'll foward it via PM so that I don't clog up this thread!

Do a lot of people sign up to the theatre group? I'm just wondering how competetive it can get for parts and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    We have over 150 members (possibly more next year?) so there is quite a bit of competition for parts, although not everyone auditions, because some members don't want to act etc.
    I somehow managed to get a part each term this year just gone, but it's not guaranteed that everyone will be cast - it's still worth giving it a go, though .
    There are quite a few parts up for grabs next term (Animal Farm and The Crucible will have pretty big casts), which isn't always the case, so you've got a good chance of getting into a play. Plus shows may want people to be in the 'chorus', which is another opportunity to act, even if you don't get a main part.

ReputationRep:
    Just what I'm looking for! I'm looking for experience in all aspects whether it be chorus/backstage/main part, I just want to be part of things, especially as Theatre Studies is going to be my major I hope!

ReputationRep:
    Nice one . The plays are always fun to be part of, no matter how big a part you get - it's the experience that counts, and you'll make loads of awesome friends.

ReputationRep:
    Brill! I look foward to meeting you then! It sounds like real fun!

By the way meand, I fowarded my question over PM! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Great to hear from you, Mother_Russia - definitely check out Much Ado, it's only on till the end of this week and it's a really entertaining show! See if you can grab one of the cast/production team members afterwards, tell them you'll be joining LUTG next term (and that Michael sent you ) and you might be able to persuade them to come see Sweeney Todd too!

ChrisEG, that's brilliant! Great to hear you like Our Country's Good, cos that's the play I'm involved with .

And yep, go ahead, I'll do my best to answer

I went to see Much Ado, was so good! I had seen our school's production of much ado last year, and i have to say your benedick and beatrice pair were so much better! I talked to John (?) for a bit afterwards, but i understand they had to start their get out. And we only had 2 nights left too at that point, and was already sold out. But will be definitely seeing you in October!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    I went to see Much Ado, was so good! I had seen our school's production of much ado last year, and i have to say your benedick and beatrice pair were so much better! I talked to John (?) for a bit afterwards, but i understand they had to start their get out. And we only had 2 nights left too at that point, and was already sold out. But will be definitely seeing you in October!!!

yeah, they were highly commended for that pairing..

Jon is one of our more... colourfull characters, and a damn good actor.. if he is given the right part..

we always need more techies we always have loads of people possibly able to help, but come show time we always seem to run out of people...

ReputationRep:
    You're doing Animal Farm and The Crucible! You shall see me there without fail!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    That's great, we really appreciate you coming to see it - and glad you enjoyed it . Sammi and Olly were brilliant as Beatrice and Benedick - Olly will still be around next year but Sammi's unfortunately finished her degree now. I'm going to miss her - she used to lock me in a cupboard backstage when we were doing 'Hamlet' .

I agree with Ben (athamas), Jon is a very good actor - he was Othello when we did 'Othello' in first term last year (I was Roderigo), and I was also in 'Hamlet' with him. Glad you got the chance to talk to one of the actors - getouts can be a bit hectic .

Kyle, good to hear it . Come and audition for 'Our Country's Good' too though! Haha!

ReputationRep:
    That's great, we really appreciate you coming to see it - and glad you enjoyed it . Sammi and Olly were brilliant as Beatrice and Benedick - Olly will still be around next year but Sammi's unfortunately finished her degree now. I'm going to miss her - she used to lock me in a cupboard backstage when we were doing 'Hamlet' .

I agree with Ben (athamas), Jon is a very good actor - he was Othello when we did 'Othello' in first term last year (I was Roderigo), and I was also in 'Hamlet' with him. Glad you got the chance to talk to one of the actors - getouts can be a bit hectic .
    They were all very good, i could never do a shakespeare play :P Oh, don't i just know about those get outs! As we did sweeney todd, we had to build another stage on top of the stage we already had, so we had the trapdoor and everything to do with that. As well as setting up our orchestra. All in 10 minutes! I'm so sad i'm back now, wish i was still up in edinburgh

ReputationRep:

Kyle, good to hear it . Come and audition for 'Our Country's Good' too though! Haha!

Our Country's Good is a classic too obviously. Nearly ended up performing it this year, but we did Woyzeck instead

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I've ever really performed any of them, only really studied Our Country's Good, along with performing select scenes for classwork and whatnot, should be fun.

ReputationRep:
    I've been typing up the script over the last few days, and can safely say I'm glad to be involved in such a good play - I kept imagining people auditioning, shame there's still (over) a month to go .

Mother_Russia, I think your speedy set removal skills will come in handy in Theatre Group - that way we can get to the afterparties faster . I think Our Country's Good might have to bag you for our techie team, before one of the other productions steals you, haha.

ReputationRep:
    meandmylies- is the group going to be experimental with various theatre techniques, more specifically Physical Theatre?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.