Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If given the chance to do your UCAS application from the start, would you choose Warwick again, and why?

ReputationRep:
    No.... actually.

My other choices were big cities and I chose Warwick because of its academic reputation. Since then ive grown up and realise that personality and life experience are more important than where your degree is from. No matter what people say about Warwick's social life it cannot compare to the likes of Leeds, Birmingham, Nottingham, Newcastle etc etc. My gf actually left at the end of 2nd year and has gone to Leeds for 2 years to finish her degree, and tbh, im a bit jealous.

ReputationRep:
    i love the bubble, it suits me well.

i would definitely again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I quite like the bubble.. but then again, I've always lived in some sort of bubble.

ReputationRep:
    yep. although id change my application from Oxford LSE WArwick UCl Notts Durham to UCL Warwick Bristol Edinburgh SOAS. tbh with my grades Warwick is the best i could have gotten into so im happy

ReputationRep:
    definitely. Amazing campus and wonderful people.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, definitely.

I didn't really want to go to Warwick, originally.

I would have loved to go to Durham, but they rejected me. And my insurance place was Leeds, which I loved when I visited it. It just seemed like a really great city to live in.

But I am SO glad I ended up at Warwick. Living in catered halls at Durham would have been the biggest nightmare ever. I love cooking so much, and don't like other people cooking for me.

My 2 years at Warwick (and year abroad popping back for visits) have been absolutely amazing, and I love it. The bubble is actually not a bad thing, so long as you can break out of it from time to time. I love having such a small area where you have everything you need, all your friends, and wherever you go, you bump into someone you know.

I didn't really look at the courses and modules and so on when I applied. I went on reputation, and whether I liked the place. But having compared since then, I'm really pleased I ended up at Warwick. The modules I've done have nearly all been really interesting, and quite different to those on offer at a lot of other unis.

I can't wait for final year. I'm going to be social sec of the Warwick Atheists, which is going to be loads of fun, and I'm going to get to meet new housemates living in halls again. And my modules all sound really great!

I really am this enthusiastic about Warwick (at least, I am now, in the holidays, when I miss it. Probably less so when I'm in the midst of revision for finals come next summer... )!

ReputationRep:
    'Course I would.

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

However, ask this again in about 50 odd days time, and I may give a different answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narev)
    Of course.

However, ask this again in about 50 odd days time, and I may give a different answer.
    are you on a proper course yet?

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately, by your standards, no.

Thankfully, I don't judge myself by them

ReputationRep:
    I would, yep. The people I've met have been fantastic, loads of babes, good social life, excellent facilities...

ReputationRep:
    I hated Warwick at first, did not want to be there at all. but tbh i love it now, it really is great, and i'm so glad that i'm there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiddengem)
    I hated Warwick at first, did not want to be there at all. but tbh i love it now, it really is great, and i'm so glad that i'm there.
    you living at home in your second year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totally Tom)
    you living at home in your second year?
    yep. i know i'm a loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    Yes, I would.
    I hadn't realised you went to Warwick. What did you study there/here, Chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    yep. i know i'm a loser.
    Doesn't matter. You don't study German, do you?

ReputationRep:
    I just graduated and now live in london. It's a far cry from the peace and chilled out nature of uni. Best three years of my life without a doubt. I came to warwick with alot of hesitations, after having to turn down Cornell for financial reasons. Now, I cannot imagine myself having enjoyed myself to the extent i did elsewhere.

The extracurricular activities, the loads of friends, and the feeling of having memories of every single part of campus is something people who study in cities miss out on. The bubble can get annoying sometimes, but again its the bubble effect that makes the others ive said true. Quite nostalgic right now just thinking about the past three years.

ReputationRep:
    yep. i know i'm a loser.
    yes, yes you are.

you're even more of a loser for not telling us who you are.

smooth, 'she' does maths.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.