Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just an update, I went to the Open day and found out that the entry requirements have gone up form BBBB to ABBB!!

ReputationRep:
    heyy,
    i was there today aswell and i know!!
    i've only just started my highers and want to go after 5th year, will need to work super super hard!
    how did you find the open day?

ReputationRep:
    Sciences went up as of Sep 1st to ABBB, Arts went up from ABBB/AABB (first/second sitting) to AABB/AAAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letitbesweet)
    heyy,
    i was there today aswell and i know!!
    i've only just started my highers and want to go after 5th year, will need to work super super hard!
    how did you find the open day?

It was good! A lot better than Strathclydes yesterday! The main building is amazing! I so want to study there now! And i got lots of freebies! :woo:

What are you planning on studying? You will have to work hard, I did 5 Highers last year and managed to pass 3 which was pretty good considering it was me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0404343m)
    Sciences went up as of Sep 1st to ABBB, Arts went up from ABBB/AABB (first/second sitting) to AABB/AAAB.

wow! Its going to be tough getting in this year! How does it look for 2011? Will it be easier or harder to get in?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there guys, I got 3 A's at higher level in 5th year and im looking to apply to science too.

I got A in higher chemistry, higher physics and higher computing and 2 INT 2 grades, at A/B in maths and english.

So does that mean I just need a B in higher maths this year? I hope i don't get an conditional in ADV higher chem and adv physics in addition to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am totally random)
    It was good! A lot better than Strathclydes yesterday! The main building is amazing! I so want to study there now! And i got lots of freebies! :woo:

What are you planning on studying? You will have to work hard, I did 5 Highers last year and managed to pass 3 which was pretty good considering it was me.
    Very few courses will have lectures in the main building, especially in the first year or two when it is more the large lecture theatres in the science buildings. Geography and business management/finance are the only departments I can think of that have a base in there. You will probably have exams in the main building though.

(Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Hey there guys, I got 3 A's at higher level in 5th year and im looking to apply to science too.

I got A in higher chemistry, higher physics and higher computing and 2 INT 2 grades, at A/B in maths and english.

So does that mean I just need a B in higher maths this year? I hope i don't get an conditional in ADV higher chem and adv physics in addition to that.
    I can't really comment on the chances of admission, but getting at least a B in maths will help you. I doubt you would get a condition including both AH chem and physics though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)

They probbaly wont look at the advanced highers, but email them to make sure! Go onto the website and email the person in charge of admission into the Faculty of Science. I have AAB and they told me i only need one more B but this was before the change in entry requirments but i doubt it would change for me.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TheOneWho]Very few courses will have lectures in the main building, especially in the first year or two when it is more the large lecture theatres in the science buildings. Geography and business management/finance are the only departments I can think of that have a base in there. You will probably have exams in the main building though.

Yeah I know, but i can still go and sit in there cant i?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know, but i can still go and sit in there cant i?
    Sit? Yes, I suppose. There's a cafe inside one part of it (1A The Square) and the Hunterian Museum is based in there too.

ReputationRep:
    I have just heard that the entry requirements are going up AGAIN in October!! Im not sure what to and my source may be wrong but it is what i have heard.

I have just heard that the entry requirements are going up AGAIN in October!! Im not sure what to and my source may be wrong but it is what i have heard.
    Who did you hear that from, a friend of a friend of a friend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    Who did you hear that from, a friend of a friend of a friend?
    My cousin who has just graduated from Glasgow who also works for them was talking to some lecturers and thats what they told her.

They probbaly wont look at the advanced highers, but email them to make sure! Go onto the website and email the person in charge of admission into the Faculty of Science. I have AAB and they told me i only need one more B but this was before the change in entry requirments but i doubt it would change for me.
    I'd be wary of assuming that because you've been told something in an email, that's what you're going to get. Especially if entry requirements are going up like you say again. Really unless an offer comes through on UCAS after you've applied then you can't go on anything they've said, and even then I've heard unis changing their mind for some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Biggles)
    I'd be wary of assuming that because you've been told something in an email, that's what you're going to get. Especially if entry requirements are going up like you say again. Really unless an offer comes through on UCAS after you've applied then you can't go on anything they've said, and even then I've heard unis changing their mind for some people.
    Yeah they can change their minds, see your careers advisor in school,email them and call them up. Of couse nothing is certain until you get an offer through UCAS but all we can do is study as hard as we can and get the best possible grades.

Yeah they can change their minds, see your careers advisor in school,email them and call them up. Of couse nothing is certain until you get an offer through UCAS but all we can do is study as hard as we can and get the best possible grades.
    Oh, I'm at Glasgow - going into 2nd year. Good luck for your application. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Biggles)
    Oh, I'm at Glasgow - going into 2nd year. Good luck for your application. :yy:

Thanks i need it!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.