Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can go out without make up on, but I don't feel attractve in the slightest. I wish I was a natural beauty :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Confident or attractive without make up on, and what do you think about natural beauty
    Well. I know a lot of people say no, because applying make up quickly becomes habit, somewhat like putting clothes on for some girls. It has to do with covering something up that you view as shameful. That is, for some girls. Many girls don't need it, but wear it anyway. Which is somewhat silly, if you think about it. On the other hand, it makes them feel good, so it's totally valid.

Personally, I like at least a little eye make up on, because I believe drawing attention to the eyes when I can, but I usually don't feel the need to put much skin make up on.

Also, I completely believe in natural beauty. At the same time, I believe that every girl or woman has the potential to be gorgeous. She just needs to know how to draw attention to her best features.

ReputationRep:
    i think i've been wearing make up so long i feel weird without it... not less pretty..but naked?? i have to have at least some eyeliner on...

ReputationRep:
    i think i am a natural beauty, make up doesn't make an enormous amount of difference to the way i look, but as to the question, it would depend on the rest of me, if i had nice hair and a good outfit i'd feel good, like yesterday, but if i had lank hair and pjs then...no!

ReputationRep:
    I never bother with make up except for the extremely rare times I go out, ie out of a night or something. I always feel like a clown in make up to be frank, I hate the stuff.So yeah I dont wear it and it doesnt affect my self confidence one bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Miss A*)
    Yeah i'm confident without make up on...i love natural beauty...there's nothing less attractive than a girl with tons of make up on....
    agree with this /\

naturally pretty and a million times better than walls and walls of make up. get rid of the jordens of this world!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Erm, yes, if I had contact lenses in. With my glasses on, no I wouldn't feel confident without makeup on.
    I have to say though, it was extremely liberating taking my makeup off in front of 2 of my guy mates during a sleepover!

Oddly enough it's the other way round for me! When wearing my glasses I only apply mascara if that, but I don't feel comfortable with no make-up on in contact lenses.

ReputationRep:
    I personally do not feel that great without makeup because my skin is not very good. However, if my skin was good I would feel more than happy to go makeup-free.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please please PLEASE explain to me why do girls wear make-up?!?! take it from me make up makes you look horrible. I would say 90% of girls look SO MUCH BETTER without it...do you not realise that you're degrading your looks by putting powders and creams and whatnot on your faces?!? please stop it at once!

ReputationRep:
    ^^ If it's applied properly, you shouldn't even know that a girl's wearing it, so the makeup knowledge of the girls you refer to could probably fit on a button.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    Can someone please please PLEASE explain to me why do girls wear make-up?!?! take it from me make up makes you look horrible. I would say 90% of girls look SO MUCH BETTER without it...do you not realise that you're degrading your looks by putting powders and creams and whatnot on your faces?!? please stop it at once!
    Girls/women wear makeup because it makes them feel good about themselves.
    Why do men style their hair? Why do men lift weights? To make them feel good about themselves.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman wearing makeup if it helps her to feel more confident.

No one's degrading themselves here. That may be your opinion, but you're certainly in the minority on that one. What's more degrading is a man telling a woman that she doesn't need to wear makeup - what about her? Wouldn't you rather be with a girl who wear makeup and feels worthy and confident, than a girl who doesn't wear makeup because her partner doesn't like it, but has no confidence or self asteem?

ReputationRep:
    I've never worn make-up. I wore eyeliner once. I don't really know how to put on make-up properly :o: I think I look better without any make-up. I've been complimented many times without any make-up at all, so I'll just assume that I'm naturally pretty (?). Someone even asked me what foundation I used, when I had nothing on at all :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm not too bothered about it i.e. I'd go to Tescos/local shop with no makeup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Girls/women wear makeup because it makes them feel good about themselves.
    Why do men style their hair? Why do men lift weights? To make them feel good about themselves.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with a woman wearing makeup if it helps her to feel more confident.

No one's degrading themselves here. That may be your opinion, but you're certainly in the minority on that one. What's more degrading is a man telling a woman that she doesn't need to wear makeup - what about her? Wouldn't you rather be with a girl who wear makeup and feels worthy and confident, than a girl who doesn't wear makeup because her partner doesn't like it, but has no confidence or self asteem?
    I'm saying that in the vast majority of cases I see day to day, wearing make-up makes girls look much less...good looking. So why do it? do you not realise it makes you look like an orange? especially that bad dark stuff around the eyes...why? nothing wrong with maintining smooth skin and that but no need to change your skin tone...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go out without something on my eyes. Like a bit of eyeshadow or some mascara, I feel naked without it, but other than that I'm not really bothered. I used to have an awful complexion so started wearing a lot of make up (super pale foundation though so luckily for me I never turned orange) and now I just wear a little bit out of habit. It makes me feel more fresh faced I think.

ReputationRep:
    I'm saying that in the vast majority of cases I see day to day, wearing make-up makes girls look much less...good looking. So why do it? do you not realise it makes you look like an orange? especially that bad dark stuff around the eyes...why? nothing wrong with maintining smooth skin and that but no need to change your skin tone...
    You obviously didn't read my post, did you? IF YOU CAN TELL THAT A GIRL IS WEARING MAKEUP, THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    You obviously didn't read my post, did you? IF YOU CAN TELL THAT A GIRL IS WEARING MAKEUP, THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG.
    What's wrong with giving your face a really good wash using good soap products? you dont have to go to the extent of putting on foundations and lip gloss/stick mascara etc. The most annoying things is, girls look completely stupid in events such as prom, ball, dance, fancy dinner, formal party etc cuz when they put on excess make-up that just looks hideous, truly revolting.

and men go to gym to get stronger...and i do not style my hair or go to the gym..........(to the previous guy who quoted me)

ReputationRep:
    I'm saying that in the vast majority of cases I see day to day, wearing make-up makes girls look much less...good looking.
    That's your opinion though. That's not fact. They obviously think they look gorgeous, so where's the harm?

So why do it? do you not realise it makes you look like an orange? especially that bad dark stuff around the eyes...why? nothing wrong with maintining smooth skin and that but no need to change your skin tone...
    They do it because they want to. They may not realise their makeup is the wrong shade for them, and believe me, there are hundreds of girls out there who don't know that their foundation is the wrong colour. But who are we to tell them they look awful? If they think they look good, then what's the problem?

You clearly know what you do and don't like, so again, why's it such a big issue to you? Just don't go for girls who plaster themselves in makeup. *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    i don't feel comfortable without concealer because i have such massive dark circles under my eyes.. but other than that i'm fine.

i'm not a natural beauty either.. make up or no make up, i'm never happy :p:

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with giving your face a really good wash using good soap products? you dont have to go to the extent of putting on foundations and lip gloss/stick mascara etc. The most annoying things is, girls look completely stupid in events such as prom, ball, dance, fancy dinner, formal party etc cuz when they put on excess make-up that just looks hideous, truly revolting.

and men go to gym to get stronger...and i do not style my hair or go to the gym..........(to the previous guy who quoted me)
    We don't all have perfect skin.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.