Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    These days I tend not to wear much make up anyway. My friends all told me that they couldn't tell the difference anyway and eventually I learnt to be confident by not wearing make up to school/ day outings with my friends.

Though I still can tell the difference in photos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    I'm saying that in the vast majority of cases I see day to day, wearing make-up makes girls look much less...good looking. So why do it? do you not realise it makes you look like an orange? especially that bad dark stuff around the eyes...why? nothing wrong with maintining smooth skin and that but no need to change your skin tone...
    I agree that women who wear make up that makesthem look orange and who wear a lot of black eye make up can look silly (although if done correctly, it can look beautiful) but not all women opt for the tango/panda look.

Make up doesn't make women look less attractive if they do it correctly: the correct tone of foundation, eye make up that compliments their eye colour and a slick of mascara. Or whatever they wear, that's just my day to day wear and I never look a shade over 'pale' ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    What's wrong with giving your face a really good wash using good soap products? you dont have to go to the extent of putting on foundations and lip gloss/stick mascara etc.
    People do wash their faces and still have bad skin (and I should know!) so we need foundation and/or concealer (in the RIGHT colour) to even out skin tone and make us feel more confident. The other things you mention are all of course optional items for anyone, but you don't have to act like a moron about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    agree with this /\

naturally pretty and a million times better than walls and walls of make up. get rid of the jordens of this world!
    Thank god...a good looking guy with good taste and class...i'd never thought id see the day!!!

ReputationRep:
    I only wear mascara!

ReputationRep:
    Confident without make up on.

On a day-to-day basis, I tend to only wear a bit of eye make-up (and sometimes not even that), but not a 'full face' of make-up. I only wear foundation as a base when I put my 'full face' on, but again, on a day-to-day basis I don't even wear foundation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.