Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how long did your natwest card take to come?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    sorry, 2nd post tonight on here!!
    i opened the account today so just wondered if anyone knows when ill have my card? as the woman who opened my account didn't say when really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    i opened the account today so just wondered if anyone knows when ill have my card? as the woman who opened my account didn't say when really...
    Mine took about 10 days, thats the debit card... the credit card came within about 3 - Looks like they want us to be in debt

ReputationRep:
    omg this is like the perfect thread for me, i opened the account at the start of last week and the cheque book and online banking letter has come along with the general booklets and how to apply for a railcard but i am still waiting for my debit card, but i guess from the above post that it is 10 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord JP)
    Mine took about 10 days, thats the debit card... the credit card came within about 3 - Looks like they want us to be in debt
    i didnt even want the credit card, they kinda talked me into it. i wont use it ha i worry about money as much as it is.

did you just start yours? someone just told me theirs doesnt start til 20th august but the woman didnt say that to me :s hmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitz_91)
    omg this is like the perfect thread for me, i opened the account at the start of last week and the cheque book and online banking letter has come along with the general booklets and how to apply for a railcard but i am still waiting for my debit card, but i guess from the above post that it is 10 days
    ahh the railcard!
    did they say to you that the overdraft facility wouldnt be available til end of august? i dont get it, does it automatically go on or do we need to go in and sort it? :s
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's normally about 5 - 7 working days for a new bank card to come through from most banks.

ReputationRep:
    a week for the cards, then a week later came the PIN numbers
    rail card came 10 days ish after applying by post, so it was pretty quick

ReputationRep:
    set up on a tuesday, came the following friday i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet-likkle-chick)
    a week for the cards, then a week later came the PIN numbers
    rail card came 10 days ish after applying by post, so it was pretty quick
    wow thats long, i applied for railcard online which they said was quicker so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitz_91)
    wow thats long, i applied for railcard online which they said was quicker so fingers crossed
    yeh online is suppose to be quicker, but coulnt be bothered to resize a digital photo, and didnt mind waiting

ReputationRep:
    I had to pick up my card from the branch.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a new card but I upgraded my account :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    I didn't get a new card but I upgraded my account :dontknow:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daina)
    I had to pick up my card from the branch.
    did they send you a letter telling you to do so?
    i saw on a forum somewhere else that someone didnt get informed their card was at their local branch so they were just waiting around!

ReputationRep:
    did they send you a letter telling you to do so?
    i saw on a forum somewhere else that someone didnt get informed their card was at their local branch so they were just waiting around!
    No they did not tell me, best to ring up and check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord JP)
    Hi I applied for my student credit card 3 weeks ago and have still not received my card and I have had a text message from natwest reminding me to activate my card, should it have arrived already?

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.