Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any good website that tells you calories in common food? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says. I have found some sites but not that great. What do you use?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If I'm bothered I'd just read the label.

ReputationRep:
    I used this a few years back:

http://www.thedailyplate.com/

ReputationRep:
    www.weightlossresources.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    calorie king, although it's american

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I tended to find calorie king quite a useful one. I also made a big spreadsheet and when I did my couple-of-months calorie count I just wrote down the calories in everything I had packets for so that then it was less of a chore to go looking for the info when I needed it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nutritiondata.com/ is quite brilliant, especially if you are American. It even tells you what amino acids it has in so you can make sure you are combining them to make full proteins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    http://www.nutritiondata.com/ is quite brilliant, especially if you are American. It even tells you what amino acids it has in so you can make sure you are combining them to make full proteins.
    Perfect :yes:

Thanks!

I need to lose my tummy, it kind of bulges out lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Yeah I tended to find calorie king quite a useful one. I also made a big spreadsheet and when I did my couple-of-months calorie count I just wrote down the calories in everything I had packets for so that then it was less of a chore to go looking for the info when I needed it.
    Yes I think it has reached that stage where I need to check precisely how many calories I am consuming. I've never really got rid of that disgusting little roll of fat on my stomach and want to do it now more than ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo Con)
    Perfect :yes:

Thanks!

I need to lose my tummy, it kind of bulges out lol
    No problem

I bet your tummy isn't actually as bad as you think, everyone focuses their own little "imperfections" far too much, myself included.

ReputationRep:
    No problem

I bet your tummy isn't actually as bad as you think, everyone focuses their own little "imperfections" far too much, myself included.
    You can't tell with clothes on, but if I wear a tight top you can

Plus I have the problem of my stomach becoming really bloated when I eat so definitely trying to reduce it as much as possible haha.

ReputationRep:
    As the title says. I have found some sites but not that great. What do you use?

Thanks
    Here you go

ww.expertmacrofoodguide.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Here you go

ww.expertmacrofoodguide.com
    Deep fried mashed potato with cheese and garlic :coma:

ReputationRep:
    You can't tell with clothes on, but if I wear a tight top you can

Plus I have the problem of my stomach becoming really bloated when I eat so definitely trying to reduce it as much as possible haha.
    My mum reckoned cutting out wheat got rid of her bloating, maybe you have an intolerance to something as well?

I personally find that when I eat more protein rather than just bingeing on carbs my stomach looks better.

ReputationRep:
    I used to use http://caloriecount.about.com/

ReputationRep:
    My mum reckoned cutting out wheat got rid of her bloating, maybe you have an intolerance to something as well?

I personally find that when I eat more protein rather than just bingeing on carbs my stomach looks better.
    I have been thinking about this alot. It seems whatever I eat my stomach comes out ALOT after consuming the meal. When my stomach is empty it's so much smaller and flatter. It seems to be whatever I eat, I guess my stomach holds food in this manner :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I have been thinking about this alot. It seems whatever I eat my stomach comes out ALOT after consuming the meal. When my stomach is empty it's so much smaller and flatter. It seems to be whatever I eat, I guess my stomach holds food in this manner :dontknow:
    What kind of things do you eat?
    Food really shouldn't take up THAT much space.

http://caloriecount.about.com/ is very handy.

I used to use it but it turned out I was actually eating too little so I kinda gave it up. It gets very addictive very quickly so watch out.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of things do you eat?
    Food really shouldn't take up THAT much space.
    Lol I know but alot of ppl have noticed this with me. I even avoid eating alot when im eating out because otherwise I will have to hold my stomach in through sheer embarassment.

I am trying to eat a high protein diet. Oatmeal, tuna, sardines, i also eat alot of pasta, rice and lentils.

edit-tons of chicken and eggs

ReputationRep:
    foodfocus.co.uk
    you have to sign up and everything, but it lets you set goals, tells you a sensible number to aim for, and you can enter your exercise etc. too. and it's free :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.