Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

does everyone get attention in clubs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    I get absolutely no attention in clubs, and I'm not even bad looking. I've pulled in a club once, but that was with someone I already knew and it was always going to happen eventually.
    Pretty much this. Also, I think I do give off this vibe which says "Do not even think about it", and I have been told I'm a ranting feminist

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on how approachable you seem - 'cause i tend to find myself in conversations with loads of random people... nd i'm the fat ugly girl lol but i don't "pull" strangers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nooptheloop)
    Pretty much this. Also, I think I do give off this vibe which says "Do not even think about it", and I have been told I'm a ranting feminist
    Actually I've got to admit to being the same - I give the impression of being completely unapproachable. I wouldn't call myself a 'ranting feminist' though, although I suppose I'm a bit of a feminist at heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    I don;t think I've had attention in a club for absolutely ages :'(
    That's not normal. I mean, you look quite pretty in your profile picture, if I may say so without sounding like I'm coming on too hard. :p:

You must be doing something wrong. Or maybe you're just not picking up the signals?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, sometimes. although, I spent most of my first year drunkenly in clubs giving out quite a lot of attention. I'm an amorous drunk.

ReputationRep:
    I never get attention when I'm out, but all my female friends are hot so it's to be expected

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult, but I'm usually hammered and throwing shapes by the time i get into clubs. I think the crazy, ungainly 'dancing' puts girls off haha!

ReputationRep:
    Just my two cents...

Girls that get the most attention are usually ones that a) are wearing clothing that makes them stand out (in a good way) b) are wearing a smile (you remember that song from Annie, yea?) c) look comfortable and look like they're having a good time d) are active and not just sat in a quiet part the whole night chatting with friends.

ReputationRep:
    i don't

i sometimes prefer it that way :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G50)
    That's not normal. I mean, you look quite pretty in your profile picture, if I may say so without sounding like I'm coming on too hard. :p:

You must be doing something wrong. Or maybe you're just not picking up the signals?
    She's a mental health (trainee) nurse? I would have thought that's just what a lot of these guys need :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altruistic1)
    She's a mental health (trainee) nurse? I would have thought that's just what a lot of these guys need :rolleyes:
    I'd love my own nurse (or doctor). :o:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get any attention, well atleast none that i notice. Generally i've had to approach girls when pissed and chat rubbish, from then on it seems either they think i'm acceptable or not. Sometimes the former and sometimes the latter. I think if i never approached the girl, it would be unlikely i'd get anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G50)

aww thanks lol :o: - I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, I mean I go out and have a good time with my friends, if someone talks to me I make the effort to talk to them, I'm not unapproachable... but no one approaches me. Still a mystery to me, maybe I've just been in the wrong places at the wrong times (wishful thinking!)

ReputationRep:
    aww thanks lol :o: - I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, I mean I go out and have a good time with my friends, if someone talks to me I make the effort to talk to them, I'm not unapproachable... but no one approaches me. Still a mystery to me, maybe I've just been in the wrong places at the wrong times (wishful thinking!)
    I don't know. The guys must be gay or something (not that there's anything wrong with them being that way). :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G50)
    I don't know. The guys must be gay or something (not that there's anything wrong with them being that way). :p:
    haha. I need people like you around me all the time to make me feel better

ReputationRep:
    Pretty boys or Pretty girls get attention in clubs.... Also "Hunk-ish/Ripped guys" Get attention in clubs tooo.
    the others have to work for it, get to dancing!!!!! lol. bust a peter-crouch robot on the dance floor for some attention.

ReputationRep:
    I play a game where I try and pull a girl with a tattoo, the cooler tattoo the better!!! i LOVE tattoos!
    I can be picky cos Im hawt and a fast-talker

At clubs you can't expect to get attention without effort! (Unless you are Megan Fox)

ReputationRep:
    Im a guy and dont worry ladies I wont be pulling you. Im **** at it, its not that im a freak or anything but im either too shy or too drunk and I dance like a retard too.

ReputationRep:
    I don;t think I've had attention in a club for absolutely ages :'(
    Same here. But when I do, I just assume that they are drunk and just want a shag so don't really entertain them. I find the whole pulling in clubs thing a bit sad. It's fine for other people but I personally don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xeren)
    Same here. But when I do, I just assume that they are drunk and just want a shag so don't really entertain them. I find the whole pulling in clubs thing a bit sad. It's fine for other people but I personally don't like it.
    Yeh I guess that's also what I do. Or a guy looks at me/talks to me and they are just so off their faces I don't bother lol. But it makes me wonder where the hell I'm gonna meet someone! Damn.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.