Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

does everyone get attention in clubs Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam'kay)
    I play a game where I try and pull a girl with a tattoo, the cooler tattoo the better!!! i LOVE tattoos!
    I can be picky cos Im hawt and a fast-talker

At clubs you can't expect to get attention without effort!
    (Unless you are Megan Fox)
    Lies! I'm no Megan Fox but I still get hit on without trying to get attention. I think being female and not totally unattractive/miserable is enough.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think its fair to say pretty much everyone gets some kind of attention in clubs.
    Can't actually remember going to one and not pulling

Not that I'm a **** though. Ahem.

ReputationRep:
    I never get any attention. Ever. It'd be upsetting if I was into the whole club scene, but I don't enjoy it so I don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    Interestingly, when I've been out with my flatmates it's always the largest girl that gets the most attention. She's not even especially pretty but people seem to be drawn to her for a reason I really can't work out!
    'Larger' girls are seen as having lower standards and generally being 'up for it', harsh as it sounds. However I'd say there is truth to it!

Confidence is the key, I don't think I've ever been out and not pulled atleast once, I don't think I'm particularly good looking, I'm just confident / friendly and like to natter

ReputationRep:
    Without sounding big headed, I wouldn't say I was ugly, I would say I was better looking than most of the boys I go out with, but I never get any attention from girls so *shrugs* I think it's very erratic as to how it works lol

ReputationRep:
    I like to approach girls who give me some sort of sign that they are interested- eye contact and a smile Girls won't initiate a conversation but they do make it obvious that they want you to come and talk to them.

Last time I was in a club last week ... no girls made any eye contact with me. Not gonna lie, it does knock the confidence a bit, you wonder if you smell or something, I know I'm not ugly. I guess a true PUA doesn't need eye contact and is not afraid of rejection.

ReputationRep:
    There's no fixed rule when it comes to who gets attention in clubs. I've seen people classified as hot under normal social conventions being largely ignored, and vice versa in clubs. I don't really approach girls in clubs mainly because it's just not me however I seem to have something which makes girls come to me instead so its all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    Lies! I'm no Megan Fox but I still get hit on without trying to get attention. I think being female and not totally unattractive/miserable is enough.
    Agreed - the lasses will get attention if the are not being miserable arses.

For blokes it is different somewhat, and depends on place/people and what the girls are into.

For e.g being a pretty large fella will get me attention from the lasses who are into that sort of thing (as granted not all are), but as there are not really that many of us then we get the attention from all of the lasses into that ind of thing (does that make sense???)

While the metro pretty boys will get attention as they are in fashion, but the interest will be more widespread so they will get more girls into it, but more metro men to go around

As such I think its about even usually.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when strange men try to chat me up, so I usually offer them one of my friends. I'm like a pimp.

ReputationRep:
    I get my fair share of attention; although I always get glances and so on I won't actually get hit on every time I go out. I think I come across as rather unapproachable somehow (not through looking 'out of their league', obviously, seeing as I'm no Megan Fox, but through body language). It also depends who I'm out with.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I find that glassing the bouncer is an easy way to get attention.

ReputationRep:
    i think everybody does.. however my boyfriends friend told me that if you're still getting attention at closing time, it's probably because the guy has tried everybody else and is desperate not to go home alone! nice, hey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmers1990)
    I hate it when strange men try to chat me up, so I usually offer them one of my friends. I'm like a pimp.
    I ******* HATE GIRLS WHO DO THIS!!!
    ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE REALLY DRUNK.
    IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET PERVED ON MY THE CREEPY GUY WHY THE **** WOULD I WANT TO YOU SNEAKY COW?
    GREAT FRIEND YOU ARE!!

/rant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhead)
    I ******* HATE GIRLS WHO DO THIS!!!
    ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE REALLY DRUNK.
    IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET PERVED ON MY THE CREEPY GUY WHY THE **** WOULD I WANT TO YOU SNEAKY COW?
    GREAT FRIEND YOU ARE!!

/rant
    :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmers1990)
    :o:
    :p:

Seriously though, sneaky tactics!
    Just tell them you aren't interested and leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    The one that is most drunk, gets hit on the most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samz)
    i think everybody does.. however my boyfriends friend told me that if you're still getting attention at closing time, it's probably because the guy has tried everybody else and is desperate not to go home alone! nice, hey!

ah, the infamous 3am girls :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGjeff)
    ah, the infamous 3am girls :p:
    Don't they write for The Mirror?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    If you're ugly be on guard for the jokers playing the 'lets-see-who-can-pull-the-ugliest-girl-here' game.
    haha, the game is called "Lord of the mings"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Threadmau5)
    haha, the game is called "Lord of the mings"
    We used to call it "Bag-a-bag"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.