Turn on thread page Beta

Need help! Standing Order mandate watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, fortnight ago, i had a discussion with my friends regards to what is Standing Order mandate. Reason why i ask is, my rent for university requires me to fill in the form which i've done and sent.

To the best of my knowledge, the standing order mandate form was request to the manager of my branch to credit the agency and it had details of the amount and when that amount are due to paid on 3 installments annual.

This form was sent to the agency, not the bank. My guess is they would make a photocopy and send a copy of request to my bank.

Is it necessary for me to have set up Standing Order at the bank????

or is it like direct debit where money is in the account and will be taken out on that speficic dates?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    A Standing Order is a naff pub - an instruction to at a given date (e.g. each month, or in your case 3/ year) transfer money from your account to theirs. The form does need to go to the bank, but presumably the agency will send it to them; you could telephone them to check.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.