Turn on thread page Beta

anyone that is getting the maximum maintenence loan and grant - help?? watch

ReputationRep:
    seriously, sorry for the amount of forum posts tonight! i am just the biggest stresshead ever and i need some reassurance

so anyone who is getting what the title says, and has the dates for their loan installment amounts for sept, could you tell me how much each installment is?? im getting the maximum maintenence and grant cos my mom doesnt earn much but it hasnt gone through yet and i am desperately trying to work out money (as you can see from the epic amount of posts i have done tonight!) so if anybody could tell me the installment amounts thatd be great

the loan calculator says id be getting-
    Maintenance Loan - Paid directly to you £3497
    Higher Education Maintenance Grant - Paid directly to you £2906

so basically i want the installment amounts based on those
    thanks to anyone who can help A STRESSHEAD!! X

ReputationRep:
    From memory the instalments are usually between £800-900 give or take

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    From memory the instalments are usually between £800-900 give or take

that cant be right? especially for the maximum loan for those whos parents earn barely anything (like me). my first halls payment is £1425 so if thats true..im screwed :P

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and find the letter and let you know

ReputationRep:
    first one sept 21st (start date of my course) grant is £96 and loan is £1585.98

second one jan 11th grant £96, loan £1585.98
    third one on may 4th grant £97 and loan £1634.04

im not sure if im getting the max amount tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madeline06)
    that cant be right? especially for the maximum loan for those whos parents earn barely anything (like me). my first halls payment is £1425 so if thats true..im screwed :P
    To be fair that was just from memory, you could call them tomorrow morning and ask?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I found it..

You get paid 969.00 in 3 installments (21/09, 11/01,04/05) for the grant and for the loan it is:
    1154.01 in 3 installments (same dates as the grant).

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet-likkle-chick)

How do you know how much you installments are? Did it say in your letter?

ReputationRep:
    Does it really matter that much? :/

Overdraft ftw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arda)
    Ok I found it..

You get paid 969.00 in 3 installments (21/09, 11/01,04/05) for the grant and for the loan it is:
    1154.01 in 3 installments (same dates as the grant).

Hope this helps
    thank youuu! it hasnt all gone through yet haha cos i applied so late its gone through as none income assessed and theyre waiting to put my moms stuff in the system but she barely earns anything (under 10k a year) so i should get what you get then.
    is your parents income very low as well then??
    im going to get a job anyway even though that sounds like alot of money cos i just worry too much ha x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    Does it really matter that much? :/

Overdraft ftw.

yess it does! and the thing with the overdraft is, it gets extended each term so first term its £500 only, cant rely on that as for food etc and alcoohl thatll go very soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet-likkle-chick)

nah i dont think you are cos of what someone else has posted, but thank you for looking anyway

ReputationRep:
    yess it does! and the thing with the overdraft is, it gets extended each term so first term its £500 only, cant rely on that as for food etc and alcoohl thatll go very soon!
    Who're you with? My OD was £1250 from the outset...

How much are you paying in rent?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey the loan and grant is split in 3 and paid in Sept, Jan and April usually...I'm gettin exactly what your getting so bascially you'll be getting: £2133 for every installment. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, if you're that hard done by, don't waste your money on alcohol? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    thank youuu! it hasnt all gone through yet haha cos i applied so late its gone through as none income assessed and theyre waiting to put my moms stuff in the system but she barely earns anything (under 10k a year) so i should get what you get then.
    is your parents income very low as well then??
    im going to get a job anyway even though that sounds like alot of money cos i just worry too much ha x
    Aww Yeh my parents don't earn much, so I get maximum :woo: And getting a job is a good idea, just in case. I worked alot before the summer so can afford to have a rest :cool:

ReputationRep:
    They send you a letter with the installments and dates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    To be fair, if you're that hard done by, don't waste your money on alcohol? :confused:
    thats why im gonna get a job too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Me)
    How do you know how much you installments are? Did it say in your letter?
    i got my letter from the student finance thing today. it also tells u this on your online profile from direct gov. i think the letter is for u to bring to uni to confirm everything
    urs will probably arrive soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cconstant)
    They send you a letter with the installments and dates
    i know, its just i havent had it yet so thats why i was asking

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.