Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn_the_page_day_by_day)
    Hopefully yes, although they're unlikely to break the 70p for a good few years I think. Mine is a long term investment, 5-8 years so by then I'd be hoping they're around £3-4 again meaning I'll have a 640-850% profit. Better than any interest account I could put my cash into.

I'm also planning to buy Lloyds shares if they slump again this week which is likely. Looking for anything around 95p with those and a 3 year investment.
    Where do you buy your shares?

ReputationRep:
    Made money on RBS, I got out luckily just before they dipped massively.

Invested in Gulf Keystone Petroleum, doubled my money.

Now looking into some gold stocks. I need to get involved with some American penny stocks.. they are a relatively easy way to make huge amounts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    Made money on RBS, I got out luckily just before they dipped massively.

Invested in Gulf Keystone Petroleum, doubled my money.

Now looking into some gold stocks. I need to get involved with some American penny stocks.. they are a relatively easy way to make huge amounts
    Guys sorry to be a pest, but can someone tell me where to actually buy shares online? I have the expertise just need the vehicle to make money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roberto_Ferrari)
    Guys sorry to be a pest, but can someone tell me where to actually buy shares online? I have the expertise just need the vehicle to make money
    I use barclays stock brokers. Their systems are very stable, especially when there is mad buying or selling, you are still able to deal quickly.

Their fees are similar to most online brokers, £13 something per transaction. This might be a lot if you are only investing a few hundred so think about how much you'll need to gain before even breaking even.

I should have waited until today on RBS, they're back around 42p, if they drop to sub 38p i'll be buying another 2000 shares at least. If this happens and they hit 60p ill be £650 up, considering they were 54p something a week ago not too bad! then when they eventually hit the £1 i'll be up £2300+:woo: ... beats any savings account I could have chucked my money into :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I bought into Lloyds today too, only just under 600 shares though at 96p. In my opinion they'll be £1.50 by the new year (50% profit) and £2+ by quarter 3 of 2010... all my opinion though

ReputationRep:
    Oh and I bought into Lloyds today too, only just under 600 shares though at 96p. In my opinion they'll be £1.50 by the new year (50% profit) and £2+ by quarter 3 of 2010... all my opinion though
    Why do you think the person that sold you them disagreed with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    Why do you think the person that sold you them disagreed with you?
    Because they probably lost their nerve with all the media hype.
    Like i said earlier in this thread I havent 'gambled' anything I'm not prepared to loose. I'm not denying it could go completely the other way and I could loose the lot, but from working in the financial industry and a lot of research I believe this will only go one way, UP. If its in a year, two or 10 i dont care, it's not money I need in the short term, its an investment into the future.

The word I used is 'gamble' and this is exactly what buying share is unless you know someone who I dont :P

ReputationRep:
    The word I used is 'gamble' and this is exactly what buying share is unless you know someone who I dont :P
    It depends why you buy it, its only a gamble if you are after capital growth.

ReputationRep:
    Because they probably lost their nerve with all the media hype.
    Like i said earlier in this thread I havent 'gambled' anything I'm not prepared to loose. I'm not denying it could go completely the other way and I could loose the lot, but from working in the financial industry and a lot of research I believe this will only go one way, UP. If its in a year, two or 10 i dont care, it's not money I need in the short term, its an investment into the future.

What's your track record like? How much have you made form shares etc

ReputationRep:
    has anyone made any deals today? i didn't pick up on anything so it was quiet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roberto_Ferrari)
    What's your track record like? How much have you made form shares etc
    I've made hundreds on various different short deals, but i've also lost money.

I started day trading a while ago (if you dont know what this is, its basically buying shares and selling them the same day at profit). This involves a lot of analysis and also to an extent luck. This is where I gained a bit but also lost a bit.

I've mostly gained money from going long with shares, well I say gained I've yet to pull out of any of my long deals. I bought shares in Bank of America (my employer) when they plumeted to $3, now they're worth around $15... 500% already. I have shares in HSBC which I bought in March for 350p each they're as today 669p so yeah again you can do the math.

My RBS shares are currently down over the weekend but I only bought them Thursday I think or last week. My Lloyds from today are the same as I bought them for.

As you'll see I'm all about the banks, because its where I'm most experienced.

I've been tempted to day trade again and probably will when I start Uni in September and have more free time. Only a few hundred though as likelyhood is i'll loose it.

Btw I'm simply telling you my opinions and past, by no means am I advising you to invest in any of these companies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    has anyone made any deals today? i didn't pick up on anything so it was quiet..
    Yeah I dealt a buy with lloyds today at 98p. They closed at 97.89.
    Its going to go either way this week, could drop to 80-90p or could go over the £ again, its anybodies guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madlib)
    £3800 into JJB!!!

Lololoololoololololol

ReputationRep:
    i used to have something like 565 shares in bradford and bingley...then they went bankrupt

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 1, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.