Turn on thread page Beta

going to start a reggae website.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i want to start a reggae music website i mean i love reggae and have tons and tons of songs from like nearly every single artist and i was thinking i make a website where people can download them from for free... but then a thought came 2 mind would this be illegal? do i have 2 pay royaltties to the artists? etc ..
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahil112)
    i want to start a reggae music website i mean i love reggae and have tons and tons of songs from like nearly every single artist and i was thinking i make a website where people can download them from for free... but then a thought came 2 mind would this be illegal? do i have 2 pay royaltties to the artists? etc ..
    thanks
    Yes, unfortunately that doesn't sound legal to me, unless the songs you make available have been released as public domain.

ReputationRep:
    naw good mon. I love reggae though.

ReputationRep:
    upload them to youtube and stream them through your site.

Alternatively just create a youtube account and upload all your music there, a lot of people just browse good youtube accounts now while listening to a certain genre

ReputationRep:
    ok um what if i just let them play the songs on my website ? as in they do not have to download them but they can still create a tracklist on the site which they can listin to ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    upload them to youtube and stream them through your site.

Alternatively just create a youtube account and upload all your music there, a lot of people just browse good youtube accounts now while listening to a certain genre
    If they're protected by copyright, this would still be infringement, and could well be taken down by Youtube anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the basics of how to create a website?

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    This sounds pretty illegal unless the artists have given you broadcasting rights to their songs... I doubt it lol...

Why not create a website linking to other sites hosting the music... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    If they're protected by copyright, this would still be infringement, and could well be taken down by Youtube anyway.

This is usually the case with only big music labels, reggae music isn't designed for consumer **** like justin timberlake and all that **** so record companies don't piss all over people promoting their artists work.

Heres an example of what i prev mentioned
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Liquicity

Make sure you do the usual 'no copyright infringement intended' etc.
    Put some Barrington Levi records up!!

ReputationRep:
    best way to do it is to start a blog on blogspot.com, you might find there are already quite a few reggae one's though if you have a look.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be pretty complex, expensive, time-consuming and probably illegal to do such a thing; just make a torrent if you must, or upload them to Youtube or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    This is usually the case with only big music labels, reggae music isn't designed for consumer **** like justin timberlake and all that **** so record companies don't piss all over people promoting their artists work.

Heres an example of what i prev mentioned
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Liquicity

Make sure you do the usual 'no copyright infringement intended' etc.
    Put some Barrington Levi records up!!
    hmm thanks for the info and yh got loads of barrington
    what track do you like or which 1s? i love shes mine and revelation..

ReputationRep:
    would it be a good idea to email the people who hold the copyrights etc? and just ask for permission and explain the situation ?

ReputationRep:
    hmm thanks for the info and yh got loads of barrington
    what track do you like or which 1s? i love shes mine and revelation..
    She is the best girl!!!
    Damn i love that

One of my favorite pieces of wax

ReputationRep:
    it's pretty much been done already!

http://www.accuradio.com/app/radiofr...=&br=accuradio

ReputationRep:
    ah mannn i was tinking something like that and damn thats a good site there pocket.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.