Am i screwed for uni in social terms?

ReputationRep:
    the title i meant ''i never drink and would neer drink alcohol''

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No, but can I ask why you don't?

ReputationRep:
    health, dont want to damage my health, so drink is out of thequestion, just checking whether other people are like this

ReputationRep:
    You should try it, you might like it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there are other people that don't drink. There are quite a few threads on the same topic with similar people.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah loads of people don't drink. Quite a lot of them for religious reasons though, so you're stuck with a boring lot.

If you drink in moderation, then you are not putting your health at risk in any way. The human liver works too efficiently for it's own good (that's why there are obese people).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by logic123)

You managed to get it wrong TWICE.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    OP is drunk.

ReputationRep:
    You're slurring you DRUNK.

ReputationRep:
    health, dont want to damage my health, so drink is out of thequestion, just checking whether other people are like this
    Drinking in moderate amounts wont damage your health. Try it, your social life will increase ten fold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    You're slurring you DRUNK.
    oh, this ^

ReputationRep:
    nah i wont be drinking fullstop, but thanks for the replies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OiaB)
    OP is drunk.
    Touché.

ReputationRep:
    don't think it should matter all that much because there'll be many similar people. just note, one drink won't damage your health all that much (if at all). my policy: try everything atleast once.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, especially if you're still gonna go out and be sociable.

ReputationRep:
    Still go out with people that drink, just have non-alcholic drinks.

Soughted feel free to thank me in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Preeka)
    don't think it should matter all that much because there'll be many similar people. just note, one drink won't damage your health all that much (if at all). my policy: try everything atleast once.
    I don't think that is actually your policy. You obviously wouldn't try anal fun with a barbed wire dildo, for example. And so 'everything' has a completely arbitrary and fuzzy definition, resulting in your policy just becoming 'try everything that you want to try at least once'.

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink alcohol... it's actually not because I'm tryuing to be 'good' or something, I just really can't stand the taste for some reason.

I find that I don't need alcohol to have a good time... but as always it can feel a bit odd if you're the only one not drinking... it's more that other people presume you aren't as much fun but actually you can have just as much fun without being drunk :-)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.