Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I was driving in traffic and I was approaching the lights.

They turned yellow, and then i braked. But, I went past the stop line
    It's one of these junctions where there is a stop line for a car, then a red gap for bikes, and I was about half a metre into this gap

The light was red - I didn't go when it was red, but I'm just worrying that I might get caught for going over the line.

I wasn't speeding at all, I just made the decision to stop - which I think is better than to go through the light.

Any help?

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Was there even a proper camera on the lights? In any case you will most likely be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by initiation)
    Was there even a proper camera on the lights? In any case you will most likely be fine.
    Yh - it was one of those slim yellow ones.
    I know its a red light camera -

I did look on http://www.safecam.org.uk/general_in...technical.aspx

and it says that 2 pictures are taken, after someone has crossed the line after the lights have gone to red, to prove that someone has continued through the junction and not just crossed the line and stopped.

So, to me, it's a relief I think...:o:

ReputationRep:
    Don't the photograph the back of the car? If you hadn't gone right over the line they couldn't photograph you.

ReputationRep:
    In London, the red light cameras are grey coloured and the speed ones are yellow although it could be different where you are.

Don't worry, I've had this scare so many times before and nothing has materialised out of it. Don't dwell on what can be cos even if you got flashed there's nothing you can do about it, just drive with concentration and safety now lol.

ReputationRep:
    If there was an area for the bikes and you were in it, you're fine, as obviously they're not allowed to run red lights either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatone)
    Don't the photograph the back of the car? If you hadn't gone right over the line they couldn't photograph you.
    I went over the line by half a metre, and the camera is a way back from the actual lights.

I didn't go through the junction, I just stopped in the area for pushbikes - half the car in and half the car out.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furry747)
    I went over the line by half a metre, and the camera is a way back from the actual lights.

I didn't go through the junction, I just stopped in the area for pushbikes - half the car in and half the car out.
    Your safe 110%, if ofcourse what you are saying is true (that you only went into the gap by half a metre.)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    you should be ok, the induction loop is normally a bit infront of the lights.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ******** it too regarding this!

I had a driving lesson this afternoon, had a 35 min mock test. At the end of it, my instructor said that i had completely gone straight through a red light at a pedestrian crossing! :o: No-one was on the crossing luckily enough.

Absolutely gutted. Instructor said people on lessons do miss them cos they are concentrating on driving the car! I've never missed lights before, so dunno what made me miss that one today.

Bet i'll get slaughtered for that now won't i?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
    I'm ******** it too regarding this!

I had a driving lesson this afternoon, had a 35 min mock test. At the end of it, my instructor said that i had completely gone straight through a red light at a pedestrian crossing! :o: No-one was on the crossing luckily enough.

Absolutely gutted. Instructor said people on lessons do miss them cos they are concentrating on driving the car! I've never missed lights before, so dunno what made me miss that one today.

Bet i'll get slaughtered for that now won't i?
    Only if there was an active red light camera.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like you'll be fine tbh!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.