Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is entourage worth watching? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well i want to start a show and am just wondering is entourage worth watching?

Any better show suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Entourage is decent, but by no means anything special or worth bragging about.

You've missed too much of Entourage and its past its 'peak' and 'hype' - no point watching it.

May I suggest 'The Wire'. Its relatively new in the UK and still in season 1. It was a huge success in the USA (who are in season 2). I quite frankly dont think its 'grippingly good' but its decent (i feel its too slow in terms of storyline - it takes time getting into) - although critics seem to think its awesome and so do the public

It also depends on how much time you've got free and willing to spend. 'Lost' is the best show I've come across but there's 5 seasons you've missed and so would need alot of catching up to do.

Prison Break - which has just finished - is probably the best constructed and entertaining show. Whilst people dispute how good 'The Wire' and 'Lost' are, everyone who's seen prison break alway recognises it as awesome - as do I.

Others to mention would be Heroes, Fringe (makers of Lost) and Dirty Sexy Money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_qwerty)

You've missed too much of Entourage and its past its 'peak' and 'hype' - no point watching it.

May I suggest 'The Wire'. Its relatively new in the UK and still in season 1. It was a huge success in the USA (who are in season 2). I quite frankly dont think its 'grippingly good' but its decent (i feel its too slow in terms of storyline - it takes time getting into) - although critics seem to think its awesome and so do the public

It also depends on how much time you've got free and willing to spend. 'Lost' is the best show I've come across but there's 5 seasons you've missed and so would need alot of catching up to do.

Prison Break - which has just finished - is probably the best constructed and entertaining show. Whilst people dispute how good 'The Wire' and 'Lost' are, everyone who's seen prison break alway recognises it as awesome - as do I.

Others to mention would be Heroes, Fringe (makers of Lost) and Dirty Sexy Money.
    Heya ive seen all 5 season of Lost already...Ive seen all 4 seasons of Prison Break...I love Prison Break and was so upset that its over.

I have also seen all three seasons of Heroes.

Ive seen quite a few american tv shows and those three are a few of them others include 24, one tree hill, gossip girl (WAS FORCED), chuck and many more.

Ill watch the tv shows on the internet or buy the dvd boxsets so i dont mind starting entourage from season1 thats why i was asking.
    Whats Fringe about.....Plus whats the wire about? Might check them out

ReputationRep:
    Do watch Entourage and don't listen to that other guy. It's an amazing series.. just watch it, i'm sure you will like it.

There are some hilarious characters, beautiful women, amazing cars, good storylines.

You know how women love 'Sex and the City'? Well i'd say this is Sex and the City for men.

ReputationRep:
    The Wire, The Sopranos, Dexter or The West Wing.

Do you want some quick cheap entertainment with lots of silliness (despite my tone, I do enjoy some), or some real gripping and quality T.V?

ReputationRep:
    I think it is. Its just a 'cool' show and definately makes me laugh. It's very easy to catch up on and you will not feel like you wasted your time if you watch it.

ReputationRep:
    enoturage is epic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    Do watch Entourage and don't listen to that other guy. It's an amazing series.. just watch it, i'm sure you will like it.

There are some hilarious characters, beautiful women, amazing cars, good storylines.

You know how women love 'Sex and the City'? Well i'd say this is Sex and the City for men.
    Guardian reader?

ReputationRep:
    Watch 30 rock, generation kill (from makers of the wire), Its always sunny in Philadelphia (awesome comedy)... Entourage is defiantly worth watching although some people don't like it at all...

ReputationRep:
    btw, check out Boston Legal for an amazing drama/comedy with awesome characters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpye11)
    Guardian reader?
    I do read the Guardian sometimes, but why do you say that?

ReputationRep:
    The Wire is ******* awesome. Sopranos as well maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    The Wire, The Sopranos, Dexter or The West Wing.

Do you want some quick cheap entertainment with lots of silliness (despite my tone, I do enjoy some), or some real gripping and quality T.V?
    I quit like shows with a lot of silliness but atm i want to watch some real gripping quality tv.

I figure that entourage is a funny silly show......?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_qwerty)

Heya are you sure the wire is on season2 in the USA? When i searched it on google it said theres a trailer for season 5
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Californication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon)
    I do read the Guardian sometimes, but why do you say that?
    Entourage was described as sex in the city for men in the last Guide...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpye11)
    Entourage was described as sex in the city for men in the last Guide...
    I didn't even know, I have always been saying it's like that. It's pretty cool they feel the same though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tune)
    I quit like shows with a lot of silliness but atm i want to watch some real gripping quality tv.

I figure that entourage is a funny silly show......?
    Some where in between, but it's HBO which is good.

If you haven't seen The Wire yet, go with that first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tune)
    Heya are you sure the wire is on season2 in the USA? When i searched it on google it said theres a trailer for season 5
    Oops.

Yeah USA are on season 5.

I didnt quite clearly say it. My fault...

What I was trying to say is that there is a american channel that broadcasts in the UK - who are on season 2.

ReputationRep:
    Entourage is brilliant, worth a watch for sure.

you can also try watching curb your enthusiasm, one of the best shows ive watched in a while.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.