Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Well the sqa have said in their bit about changing the qualification to have creative stuff that that was all about adding in some assessment of writing skills.

The essays you do at standard grade count towards the reading part of the mark aswell.

Just because some are spoonfed analysis however, doesn't mean they understand or are able to apply it. In fact often the opposite is the case.
    Hi Guys

Been looking through this thread and would like to say that 'Writing' doesn't just mean Creative - there will probably be a choice.

Also it won't just be in the Higher, it will also be in Int 1 and 2 as well. It may be a folio. It might be in an exam.

But in any case, it will not affect those who sit in 2010 - it's most likely to happen from 2011 onwards.

Hope that sheds some light!

SAM :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I'd do Int2 THEN do Higher.

I know you said you got a two overall, but when I got a 1,2,3 averaging at a 2 also. I tried Higher and completely failed it. I then started to re-sit it and still struggled so I chose to do Int2 instead.

Now I'm not saying you won't be able to do it. I'm just saying you'll have a much better chance of getting a good Higher grade in the end. I wish I did Int2 first so that I would have left school with a possible grade at Higher.

ReputationRep:
    i got a 2 at standard grade

2 for reading
    2 for writing
    2 for talking

I did int2 in 5th year and got a B and in 6th year i did higher and got a B.

My friend got the same as me at sg and did int 2 and got an A and then got an A at higher.

It worked for ,me..

ReputationRep:
    Whats the hardest NAB at higher? At int 2 I found the textual analysis NAB quite hard.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    Whats the hardest NAB at higher? At int 2 I found the textual analysis NAB quite hard.
    close reading and textual analyis - they're pretty similar though.

ReputationRep:
    Textual analysis for me as well.

I failed a practice one, but got 21/30 on the real thing, didn't like them, and plus you have less time to do it than the CR one if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Textual analysis for me as well.

I failed a practice one, but got 21/30 on the real thing, didn't like them, and plus you have less time to do it than the CR one if I remember correctly.
    Oh okay. With the writing papers. Ie. Personal reflective and Personal study do i just basically have to go into more detail with the literary techniques / analysis than i did at INT 2?

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay. With the writing papers. Ie. Personal reflective and Personal study do i just basically have to go into more detail with the literary techniques / analysis than i did at INT 2?
    Don't know for sure as I done SG, not Int 2, but I'd assume so.

Remember it doesn't necessarily have to be a personal reflective piece, it can be imaginative or discursive as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Remember it doesn't necessarily have to be a personal reflective piece, it can be imaginative or discursive as well.
    I'm going to stay away from imaginative essays from the rest of my life, i thought i was good at them and I wrote an imaginative essay in my english SG and it totally messed my grades up. I got an overall 3 because of that lol.

I guess i was kidding myself on and it seems I should just stick to personal, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Personal Study, you just have to go more in depth, and put more quotes and make it a lil longer. Theres a higher expectation, so just brush up on bits and pieces to make it perfect

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.