Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I the ONLY person on TSR who hasn't heard from Student Finance? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Erm

What happens if i didn't send my stuff off before the deadline and im sending it off, like, now?
    To put it bluntly, you're up **** creek, without a paddle. They will only guarantee your money for the start of term if you sent off before the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    To put it bluntly, you're up **** creek, without a paddle. They will only guarantee your money for the start of term if you sent off before the deadline.
    I guess thats me ****ed as well then! as i erm... only sent it off today :o:

Anyway, just out of interest, when was the deadline? cos i never heard about it (for 1st year undergrads)

edit - nice sig, i remember that thread as well! lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arctic_wombaT)

Anyway, just out of interest, when was the deadline? cos i never heard about it (for 1st year undergrads)

The deadline was 26th June. I only heard about it because somebody asked a teacher at college, otherwise I wouldn't have heard either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arctic_wombaT)

Haha. Thanks.

You will get your money, just a bit later than everyone else. :P

I think it was the start of June for means-tested and a bit later for non-means tested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Can you be even more blunt and tell me, if I sent it off say today / tomorrow, when I would get the money / what I could do?

ReputationRep:
    I called them just now to ask why i've not recieved an assessment after recieving my evidencce back a few weeks ago now and the woman on the phone didn't seem to have a clue why. Put me on hold for nearly 10 minutes to say that i'll recieve a call from the offices in Darlington because it seems they've scanned the financial evidence in but not even processed it yet - I sent it off in May!!
    I'm really not happy now, its just over a month til I start uni and i've been told I might have to send off my evidence again :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peppapig)
    I applied in july and haven't heard anything and it don't look likely i will until i've started uni.
    I applied end of may and it was apporved yesterday, so about 3 months its took

ReputationRep:
    Im going into my 2nd year, It took maybe 2 months for mine to get sorted. Well i think it sorted it says aproved on the website and had a letter saying it was all ok but you never know what might still go wrong! Student finance wasnt this bad last year! Although i think best thing to do is keep getting on at them i phoned them up more then 5 times in the 2months to make sure they wasnt forgetting me!

ReputationRep:
    Being a 2nd year, you would have been dealt with by an LEA unless yours was in the SFE Pilot Scheme. A lot of LEA's are losing staff rapidly, and aren't able to replace them due to job freezes in local government. As it stands, I'm currently personally responsible for the administration of 3500 students, with my colleagues all the same. We have half the staff we had in September last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    I applied well in advance, bloody MONTHS ago now and still NOTHING? The system is total crap, I heard from them 7 or so weeks after I first applied with something on how because I would be living at home (:confused: ) yada yada, WTF? When did I ever mention that on the form? And then it takes hours to get through to them on the phone with at least 2 of them insisting that it was 'now too late to reassess your circumstances' .... and that was MONTHS AGO! :mad:

I bloody well hate 'em. Passionately. Wildly.

Anyone else here feel the same? Does more or less everyone get their money in time?

:indiff:
    I'd double check the views correspondence section in your online account. I hadn't heard from them and rang up and told it was still waiting to be dealt with when in actual fact it was sorted I just hadn't recieved the letter in the post..still haven't actually but it's sorted online.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! They JUST sent me an email saying it's been assessed, but WITHOUT my parents details. I sent them the bloody evidence months ago!

**** you!

ReputationRep:
    I should still get 'something' before the beginning of term though. Just a bit of the maintenance loan and tuition fee loan methinks. :sigh:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I should still get 'something' before the beginning of term though. Just a bit of the maintenance loan and tuition fee loan methinks.
    From what I've heard, they're getting the basic amount out to everyone and then assessing the next part so nobody is left with nothing. At least you'll have enough to keep you going when you first get there now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    From what I've heard, they're getting the basic amount out to everyone and then assessing the next part so nobody is left with nothing. At least you'll have enough to keep you going when you first get there now :yep:
    Haha, cheers for that :yy:

I wonder exactly how much they'll be giving out to everyone :confused:

I think the standard maintenance loan for those moving out into halls is ~£5000? So perhaps we'll get a grand at the start of term?

ReputationRep:
    Oops, I haven't applied yet. I tried a while ago but kept getting errors. They told me they were having problems. I forgot about it since.
    I should really get a move on!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Haha, cheers for that

I wonder exactly how much they'll be giving out to everyone

I think the standard maintenance loan for those moving out into halls is ~£5000? So perhaps we'll get a grand at the start of term?
    I think they're giving us a third of the non-income part of the loan if we've asked for the assessment. The rest is given once they actually assess us.

ReputationRep:
    I applied about 5 weeks ago, and now my declaration form seems to wither have been lost or got stuck in the backlog. Bugger.

ReputationRep:
    I applied well in advance, bloody MONTHS ago now and still NOTHING? The system is total crap, I heard from them 7 or so weeks after I first applied with something on how because I would be living at home (:confused: ) yada yada, WTF? When did I ever mention that on the form? And then it takes hours to get through to them on the phone with at least 2 of them insisting that it was 'now too late to reassess your circumstances' .... and that was MONTHS AGO! :mad:

I bloody well hate 'em. Passionately. Wildly.

Anyone else here feel the same? Does more or less everyone get their money in time?

:indiff:
    I really do feel your pain man, its a jooke

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.