Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know there's a few other topics on this before but I thought I may as well get up-to-date opinions so to speak. I have terribly vision really, have to wear glasses when I'm on xbox, laptop, and driving etc. They're just ridiculous. Even when I go on nights out I can't make out who people are half way across the room, it's really getting me down.

Just wondering if anyone has had it done before, and if it's changed their vision like how I'd want mine to change. Also, where you had it done from? There's so many places that do it these days you don't know who to trust really. I'm also scared about it..it is my eyes after all, could be disastrous.

As you are in the NW, you could have it done privately at the Royal Eye Hospital in Manchester. In your situation, I'd rather do that than some high street place.

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who has had it done and they said it was very professional.

I would consider having it done in the future, because I don't mind the hassle of lenses and glasses too much.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My friend had worn glasses forever until she got it done a couple of years ago. She's had no problems whatsoever and can see perfectly.
    I'm not sure where she got it done, I think it was a private clinic.

ReputationRep:
    My dad has had it done, he has it when it was quite new and still not as widely available so he had to go to Harley street to have it done. He said it was near instant results, he has to wear these goggle things for a few days after, but he said he was very impressed with the result at the end.

I think the best plan for you, shop around (pardon the phrase) Have a look at some places you can have it done, it is quite okay to go for a free consultation if they provide them and see how you feel about the place. Also think about after care when it comes to getting it done.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.