Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Say what now? :s

well the area is a ********, to be frank.
    and the course has only just been updated.

ReputationRep:
    manchester. sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizmo!)
    well the area is a ********, to be frank.
    and the course has only just been updated.
    Lol, you clearly have never been a student here if you think so. Why do you think St Andrews regularly tops satisfcation polls? Because it's such a **** place to live and study? Or maybe the course is just so good that it more than makes up for the ****** town? I know it's hard to imagine somewhere that might be rather good outside London, but work with me here..

According to staff, it was updated c 2000? And in any case, why does it matter when? It's an excellent course as it is/now. In addition, the GMC had rather good things to say in the most recent inspection report..

ReputationRep:
    i fink it went from split course to partially integrated a few years ago, definitely this century. slow in my book, but ideal if you want a course thats still got plenty remants of the traditional split. i remember readnig it in the prospectus.

but yey st andrews sucks for me for going out, to be blatantly honest. i would hate it, but i am sure you ave your reasons to like it too, Function.

edit for the edit - i'm not comparing it to london, macca. london is a dive for students. i'd possibly rather be in St As than central/west london (although i'd be on the first bus out to manchester come year 3's end).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    Given that many students in Scot med schools are fee paying (from England or Int) this might suggest factors other than this...
    Yes, but fees are a lot lower in Scotland!

They remain at £1700 even for medicine. (Not for international students, but for Home [England/Scotland/Wales/NI])

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd1989)
    Yes, but fees are a lot lower in Scotland!

They remain at £1700 even for medicine. (Not for international students, but for Home [England/Scotland/Wales/NI])
    Noes. I paid 2825 last year. Next year will be higher. I am English. Medicine is higher than non medicine subjects.

Marginally cheaper than studying in England, but Andies rent is high and I'm doing a 6 yr course, so...

ReputationRep:
    Go Go St Andrews!

ReputationRep:
    Yasss this had got me even more excited about uni:woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Where's Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modini)
    Where's Cambridge?
    Not enough respondents. It says so at the bottom of the rankings i posted.

ReputationRep:
    All I know is Aberdeen have hot Scottish women :drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Not enough respondents. It says so at the bottom of the rankings i posted.
    Ahh OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paul McGann)
    All I know is Aberdeen have hot Scottish women :drool:
    ..........................really ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insightful_Mandarin)
    Response rates seem generally rather high, I note.
    And you may want to ask why. Various universities and medical schools have used threats, coercion and incentives to get otherwise apathetic students to reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    And you may want to ask why. Various universities and medical schools have used threats, coercion and incentives to get otherwise apathetic students to reply.
    Have you any examples? Sounds very severe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Imperial only 88%?
    so based on your experience, what should it be? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    This is old news, these are last years results which were out months ago! Manchester is 2 places too high!

ReputationRep:
    This thread has gone very off topic so can you all please cut the chat and get back to the original topic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Have you any examples? Sounds very severe.
    One person I know from manchester was repeatedly contacted on her home phone number, on one occasion 3 times in the same evening!

ReputationRep:
    aye, aberdeeny should be 'igher too, macca.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.