Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    This is old news, these are last years results which were out months ago! Manchester is 2 places too high!
    Erm, as far as i'm aware these results were only released in the last week and they were taken from the unistats website, which is the official UCAS website for this kind of stuff, so i would hope it to be reliable.
    If you have a link to more recent results feel free to post it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Erm, as far as i'm aware these results were only released in the last week and they were taken from the unistats website, which is the official UCAS website for this kind of stuff, so i would hope it to be reliable.
    Agreed !

The background info to the survey is here. The TQI data link near the top LH corner takes you to the very detailed results on a page headed "2009 Teaching Quality Information data", page - Last updated 6 August 2009.
    Pretty definitively up to date I suggest.

Assessment clarity and feedback seems to be the areas dragging down some schools scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Have you any examples? Sounds very severe.
    Kingston is perhaps the most famous http://bulliedacademics.blogspot.com...d-student.html

But it happens everywhere, we were offered more finals revision if 70% of us filled the survey in.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes!

For all the negative Deen comments:
    Our DR is plenty big enough, and we're getting a brand new one this September.
    The weather in mid-winter is horrible. However, last two weeks of summer term was beach-bikini weather (I was there; I was wearing one) and we get barely any rain most of the year!

Is this one of those surveys where they only ask final years? Cos my SCEF form (student feedback - anonymous) was full of criticisms, and we found a list of things a mile long to complain about in all the student-staff meetings!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Woody.)
    I'm surprised about Birmingham
    i think there are some people at brum who aren't too happy with the anatomy there but from what i've read they're trying to sort it out.

tbh, none of the results are that bad. Despite b'ham being second off bottom, i'm not worried cause at the end of the day, nowhere is going to be perfect is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by My-My-My)
    i think there are some people at brum who aren't too happy with the anatomy there but from what i've read they're trying to sort it out.

tbh, none of the results are that bad. Despite b'ham being second off bottom, i'm not worried cause at the end of the day, nowhere is going to be perfect is it?
    You picked Brum over Cardiff? :eek3: :blah: :argh:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    You picked Brum over Cardiff? :eek3: :blah: :argh:
    yeah:yes:
    why d'ya ask?

ReputationRep:
    yeah:yes:
    why d'ya ask?
    Birmingham scares TP! Although I always thought Wales scared him more...:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Birmingham scares TP! Although I always thought Wales scared him more...:p:
    lol. there wasn't much between them, i love both cities and the unis and the courses were pretty similar. I preferred the b'ham campus and the fact that it's quite a bit closer to home (but not too close)

ReputationRep:
    lol. there wasn't much between them, i love both cities and the unis and the courses were pretty similar. I preferred the b'ham campus and the fact that it's quite a bit closer to home (but not too close)
    Awesome, well congrats on your offers Where abouts in Yorkshire are you from (as it's obviously the best county )
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Awesome, well congrats on your offers Where abouts in Yorkshire are you from (as it's obviously the best county )
    thanks. West, would rather not say where exactly on a public forum

ReputationRep:
    West
    Same here :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Kingston is perhaps the most famous http://bulliedacademics.blogspot.com...d-student.html

But it happens everywhere, we were offered more finals revision if 70% of us filled the survey in.
    That was a very interesting link,Renal, as though I knew such things went on, I had no idea that people where so blatant about it!

I think the last part is a bit cheeky and would certainly work for. I'd fill that form in so fast :p: Mind, they didn't say anything about leaving a good review.

(Original post by Daveo)
    One person I know from manchester was repeatedly contacted on her home phone number, on one occasion 3 times in the same evening!
    That is so not on at all. I would be up the wall if they phoned me three times over such a thing. I hope that person told them where to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    I'm pretty sure that is last years data, I don't have the equipment to proce
    it as I'm on an iPhone but I wouldn't have thought this years results would be out yet! I spoke about Manchester http://thelittlemedic.blogspot.com/2...ld-you-so.html and they got 77% then so unless they just scored the same.
    Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am so it proves me right for another year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    And you may want to ask why. Various universities and medical schools have used threats, coercion and incentives to get otherwise apathetic students to reply.
    Sure - some instances are well documented......however, there is a healthy counter-movement in the form of the boycott by Oxford ( & Cam ?) unions on the grounds that the surveys were over-simplistic, - at least in former years, possibly still current....anyone ???
    That may explain why the Ox results fell below the threshold.

ReputationRep:
    well they can either say they are satisfied or they arent, Madarin, surely.

yes or no, 1 to 10. its not rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizmo!)
    based on what i know, my personal ratings -

Imperial - 45%
    and what personal experience have you had regarding imperial to put it at the bottom??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I'm pretty sure that is last years data, I don't have the equipment to proce
    it as I'm on an iPhone but I wouldn't have thought this years results would be out yet! I spoke about Manchester http://thelittlemedic.blogspot.com/2...ld-you-so.html and they got 77% then so unless they just scored the same.
    Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am so it proves me right for another year
    Naa i'm pretty sure these are this years results, its been talked about on a few news websites and they usually release results in August. For example, i got onto the case when i saw this article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8187227.stm posted on the BBC website discussing the results (notice the article went up on the 6th).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairycakes)
    and what personal experience have you had regarding imperial to put it at the bottom??
    Lol, Gizmo has opinions on every medical school, lecturer and hospital in the country pretty much. I've asked him how he formed them before and he says he's going on first hand experience, not just hearsay.

Whether you're inclined to believe that or not is up to you....

ReputationRep:
    i dont remember saying that, hoosey. ^^
    so that'd be selecting a phantom belief then lol

(Original post by fairycakes)
    largely, becos its ******** place to be as a student.

move newcastle med skool to kensington, and they'd get 'alf marks too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2009

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.