Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizmo!)
    i dont remember saying that, hoosey. ^^
    so that'd be selecting a phantom belief then lol

largely, becos its ******** place to be as a student.

move newcastle med skool to kensington, and they'd get 'alf marks too.
    I've missed you Giz.

ReputationRep:
    ahh..... fanks for being such an 'elpful macca, macca.

pleese keep it up.

ReputationRep:
    largely, becos its ******** place to be as a student.
    Whilst this is pretty much true - does it really warrant a score of only 45%? I mean it's not like students are forced to spend every waking minute of their lives in South Kensington

ReputationRep:
    definitely.
    fisrtup, a university that forces you to move out of its area to get by. nice.
    newcastle, you live fifty seconds from the med school from 1/3rd the cost. that makes your studies very convenient, compared to bussing/tubing in everyday from the suburbs that still costs you twice that newcastle rent.

twice or thrice the cost on everyfing you buy compared to... newcastle.

twice the time to get round on bus, or twice the cost on tube and train to get out south kensington

rent about three times the price of say newcastle for a smaller room.

not being able to keep up wif the expensive activities of the richboys who make up most of the students there.

ALL these fings are more importaant than a course which is to my mind good enough.

weighed against only a small increase in loan available.

basically, you are gonna ave a **** time at imperial compared to Jonny Vegas up in newcastle.
    although it'll be manageable, i'm sure.

at least you aint far from the national express coach station, so you can get around the country for a £5 each way. nice.
    pity you wont ave that spare after you pay your rent mind.

ReputationRep:
    definitely.
    fisrtup, a university that forces you to move out of its area to get by. nice.
    newcastle, you live fifty seconds from the med school from 1/3rd the cost. that makes your studies very convenient, compared to bussing/tubing in everyday from the suburbs that still costs you twice that newcastle rent.

twice or thrice the cost on everyfing you buy compared to... newcastle.

twice the time to get round on bus, or twice the cost on tube and train to get out south kensington

rent about three times the price of say newcastle for a smaller room.

not being able to keep up wif the expensive activities of the richboys who make up most of the students there.

ALL these fings are more importaant than a course which is to my mind good enough.

weighed against only a small increase in loan available.

basically, you are gonna ave a **** time at imperial compared to Jonny Vegas up in newcastle.
    although it'll be manageable, i'm sure.

at least you aint far from the national express coach station, so you can get around the country for a £5 each way. nice.
    pity you wont ave that spare after you pay your rent mind.
    NEWCASTLE??

no offense, would hate to spend 6 years of my life in newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Lol, Gizmo has opinions on every medical school, lecturer and hospital in the country pretty much. I've asked him how he formed them before and he says he's going on first hand experience, not just hearsay.

Whether you're inclined to believe that or not is up to you....
    What a joker :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, Gizmo has opinions on every medical school, lecturer and hospital in the country pretty much. I've asked him how he formed them before and he says he's going on first hand experience, not just hearsay.

Whether you're inclined to believe that or not is up to you....
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Barts results are probably best explained by the fact that we are actively encouraged to feed back when we are unhappy, so we are expert at whinging! Also, the survey is live during our finals period, which is when you feel at your most vulnerable and unprepared for anything!!!

Many Schools use all kinds of techniques to artifically inflate their results. I'd be more than highly suspicious of any School that pools 100%!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairycakes)
    NEWCASTLE??

exactly my point about you being so misguided.

thanks for illustrating that to everyone reading.

ReputationRep:
    exactly my point about you being so misguided.

thanks for illustrating that to everyone reading.
    you know nothing about me and i wonder how much you really know about imperial.

ReputationRep:
    i know you'd make the crass judgement that you wouldnt even consider the best party city, cheapest location and arguably best course in the country (ie a damn smart choice) but would jump at spending your pauper student years at one of the most expensive places to live in the UK (ie. the polar opposite of a smart choice)....

So ...would anyone be suprised that i dont want to know anything else about you?

but i'd never write off anyone even like that completely, macca. i dont mind chatting at all, and good luck wif your studies, i'm sure you got your reasons to spend 3 times as much as others.

ReputationRep:
    You have encountered Giz before, haven't you?

ReputationRep:
    oh, i remember cakes

heheheh

ReputationRep:
    NEWCASTLE??

Weird, i can't think of a city i'd rather spend 6 years in! Cracking nightlife, friendly locals, cheap housing and a great course. Best of all, it's got its own chinatown, which pretty much swung my decision for me

i dont remember saying that, hoosey. ^^
    I was referring to your response on NMM after i asked you how you had opinions on so many med schools, in that case it was on PMS:

"on wat i see. i prefer to go on wats visible.

its my appraisal, nuffing more or less, macca."

Obviously the "every med school, lecturer, hospital" thing was just a joke, but you do seem to have opinions on most places. That thread was a funny one, some militant PMSer started attacking me for saying i'd heard criticisms about their PBL.

ReputationRep:
    i know you'd make the crass judgement that you wouldnt even consider the best party city, cheapest location and arguably best course in the country (ie a damn smart choice) but would jump at spending your pauper student years at one of the most expensive places to live in the UK (ie. the polar opposite of a smart choice)....

So ...would anyone be suprised that i dont want to know anything else about you?

but i'd never write off anyone even like that completely, macca. i dont mind chatting at all, and good luck wif your studies, i'm sure you got your reasons to spend 3 times as much as others.
    i think it's easy for people to get offended on these forums. it hard for people to joke around if you don't know them. i'm sorry if i offended you about my remark about newcastle. it's just not somewhere i would choose to go, however, that is only my opinion. newcastle can't be a that bad a place to be, with so many students choosing to go there.

there's more to making a smart choice than you make out, but it all depends on your personal experiences, influences and goals, obviously. but i think it's unfair you write off imperial so quickly.

i just feel the need to defend my own medical school, as i'm sure you will understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    You have encountered Giz before, haven't you?
    not like this! eek!! :eek: did not know not to diss newcastle in front of him!

ReputationRep:
    Weird, i can't think of a city i'd rather spend 6 years in! Cracking nightlife, friendly locals, cheap housing and a great course. Best of all, it's got its own chinatown, which pretty much swung my decision for me

.... it does?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    .... it does?
    Apparently. Though i should imagine it's probably only a couple of streets big.

Edit: Gotta love wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinato...Europe#England

ReputationRep:
    i think it's easy for people to get offended on these forums. it hard for people to joke around if you don't know them. i'm sorry if i offended you about my remark about newcastle.
    not like this! eek!! :eek: did not know not to diss newcastle in front of him!
    why would you not diss newcastle in front of me?

that doesnt mek sense (you are on a run wif that now mind).

easdy for peeple to get fings entirely wrong on this forum, then hehe.

ReputationRep:
    why would you not diss newcastle in front of me?

that doesnt mek sense (you are on a run wif that now mind).
    I'm sorry, I don't quite follow the gist of this conversation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.