Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student satisfaction survey results out. Interesting medicine results Watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm not at newcastle, macca

i continued newcastle as an example becos hoosey used it first, and it worked to show ow **** a choice imperial is.

ReputationRep:
    what the flip is going on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairycakes)
    i just feel the need to defend my own medical school, as i'm sure you will understand.
    tbf, i dont understand. i just tell the facts as they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gizmo!)
    Most of what you're saying are opinions, not facts macca. The argument stemmed from you assigning Imperial 45%, which is a pretty arbitary rating for someone to give unless they have a whole lot of data to back it up. Not that i'm disagreeing with what you're saying though, i love Newcastle and i hold no opinion either way on Imperial.

If we could get back on topic (student satisfaction for med students) that would be great. I'm still hoping to hear more from students from the med schools at the extreme ends of the results (eg. Cardiff, Aberdeen, Birmingham etc) to get some perspective on the results.

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    By the way, what the **** is macca?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    By the way, what the **** is macca?
    Good question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Most of what you're saying are opinions,
    yeah i bet cakes felt his triple rent at imperial was just an opinion. but lol oh, its a factoid, alright.

lets leave the facts and get back to the satisfaction survey cnosisting entirely of ...opinions, aye.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i bet cakes felt his triple rent was just an opinion.

on topic? ok, wat is the satisfaction survey, if not an ocean of opinions?
    Triple is a gross exaggeration.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i bet cakes felt his triple rent was just an opinion.

on topic? ok, wat is the satisfaction survey, if not an ocean of opinions?

To be honest, none of us are taking the survey as "fact". Otherwise we'd all be cashing in our offers to apply/re-apply to Aberdeen. You're just shoving your opinion down other people's throat.

Yes, the city is expensive but to some the experience is irreplaceable.

ReputationRep:
    you can tek my opinion or leave it. but i dont fink you can deny the sterling.

(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Triple is a gross exaggeration.
    well tbf, a room in fenham costs you £50, on teeside its less, a same size room in the west end costs you £120-150.
    so, you know, your opinion is thats its a gross exagerration, by all means.

disposable income is a means by which we can measure satisfaction - your power as a consumer to acheive satisfaction (lol).
    your dispoable income is the lowest it can be in the west end of london as a student.
    i rest my case on the opinion that the fact it costs much more means much less of an experience for most people.

ReputationRep:
    well tbf, a room in fenham costs you £50, a same size room in the west end costs you £150.
    so gross it isnt,
    who at imperial would live in the west end? anyway, i dunno what kind of room in fenham you are talking about, but a small room in west end would cost more than 150.

admittedly halls at imperial are expensive, but when you live out, depending on where you live, it is possible to get a room for less than £100. i think generally people in hammersmith pay around £100-120.

and despite what gizmo says, there is still a lot to do in london on the cheap, and there's something for everyone. i personally wouldn't have gone anywhere else.

disposable income is a means to measure satisfaction, but not the only way. money isn't everything...

ReputationRep:
    ^^^money isnt everyfing? try telling your landlord that, then... see if he's willing to reduce the rent for even one week. i'd stake my mortgage on the argument that a £100 saving/extra payment every week would make or break almost any student in the UK.

who at imperial would live in the west end?!

so are you arguing that rent at 'ammersmith is anything more than a tiny bit cheaper?
    still twice, say, newcastle.

no, you're not, so duff counter argument, try again.

(on second forts, dont try again for my sake anyway, becos i can accept that you ave your reasons to go to imperial).

ReputationRep:
    yeah i bet cakes felt his triple rent at imperial was just an opinion. but lol oh, its a factoid, alright.

lets leave the facts and get back to the satisfaction survey cnosisting entirely of ...opinions, aye.
    Opinions maybe, but the opinions of a large number of people in the know, not one person who has never been to the medical school.

On the rent issue, you are almost right. Average Newcastle house is about £50 a week (Fenham can be as low as £35, Jesmond as high as £75, http://www.talesofnewcastle.net/univ...jesmond&start=) and average Imperial accommodation is about £130 (http://live.cgcu.net/news/1923).

ReputationRep:
    well, i've not studied there, 'oose, but i 'ave worked in the area (and newcastle too, which is why i know about the rent), so fair doos - i shouldnt be able to comment on the imperial medicine course.
    and funnily enough, i've NOT commented on the imperial medicine course once yet. heehee tis true, check me posts.

i do believe that theres more to your study days than the course units. it would be interestig to know if these satisfaction surveys encompassed these factors or simply focused on academic elements.

ReputationRep:
    http://live.cgcu.net/news/2000

Hahahaha, comments section for the ******* win! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    http://live.cgcu.net/news/2000

Hahahaha, comments section for the ******* win! :rofl:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoonosewot)
    Opinions maybe, but the opinions of a large number of people in the know, not one person who has never been to the medical school.

On the rent issue, you are almost right. Average Newcastle house is about £50 a week (Fenham can be as low as £35, Jesmond as high as £75, http://www.talesofnewcastle.net/univ...jesmond&start=) and average Imperial accommodation is about £130 (http://live.cgcu.net/news/1923).
    if you live in hospital accommodation, next to charing cross or chelsea and west, the rent is a lot cheaper and still next to all your mates.

parson's house, next to charing cross is £63 a week.

ReputationRep:
    is gizmo a bit special?

and yeah three times as much is ridiculously wrong. rent may be 3 times as much i have no idea, but im pretty sure food and entertainment doesnt coost 3 times as much

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ahh, no - '2-3 times more' is my estimate, sorri to ruin your attempt at misquoting me there, mate. . Seems you are making up your data like fairycakes did here -

(Original post by fairycakes)
    parson's house, next to charing cross is £63 a week.
    £109 says their website.http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/accommoda...e/parsonshouse
    and hey i'm sure they let you stay all of one year till they move you out for other 1st years an you're back in your £120 room at 'ammersmith '

back on topic though, how would you say the imperial course treats you, do you find it as satisfying as you anticipated?
    i've alays been curious about the development of imp's course since its restructuring. i've heard that the introduction of PBL used to upset a lot of imperial medics, and i wonder if thats still the case....?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.