Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have one more year to go at school before i can go to university, but i was wondering how those who have applied to their course, and have been accetped,
    how did you find out which halls of residence you were staying at. Did you pick yourself or were you told where??

Are these halls of residence mixed-sex or what, too!?!?

Oh and is it hard to get into?, I was looking at Foundation Degree Fashion Styling and Photography, and so this summer I got work epxerience with a professional photgrapher and am looking into getting some more with a millinery designer!!
    Will this help?!?

thaaaanks:woo:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxorlaxo)
    I have one more year to go at school before i can go to university, but i was wondering how those who have applied to their course, and have been accetped,
    how did you find out which halls of residence you were staying at. Did you pick yourself or were you told where??

Are these halls of residence mixed-sex or what, too!?!?
    Firstly, I would advise reading the housing section on the university website:

http://www.arts.ac.uk/housing/

And in particular the FAQ:

http://www.arts.ac.uk/housing/1672.htm

You can also read the housing booklet for this year:

http://www.arts.ac.uk/docs/combined_pdf.pdf

Basically, the university has 12 halls of residence, all situated across London, which all vary in standard and price. You can state a preference on which hall(s) you would like to stay at, which the university may try to fulfill, but often than not, you will probably get allocated elsewhere. The university places priority on those living further away from London, those with a mental or physical condition, and those under eighteen. The popular halls are very competitive, so it's crucial that you apply earlier to increase your chances. It's also worth noting that the university can't guarantee a room for all first year students, which is unfortunate.

Oh and is it hard to get into?, I was looking at Foundation Degree Fashion Styling and Photography, and so this summer I got work epxerience with a professional photgrapher and am looking into getting some more with a millinery designer!!
    Will this help?!?

thaaaanks:woo:
    The competitiveness for places varies from college to college, and particularly from course to course. Nonetheless, most courses receive a fair volume of applicants, so having experience with a professional photographer, in addition to the millinery designer, will definitely help. :smile:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oxorlaxo)
    Are these halls of residence mixed-sex or what, too!?!
    I didn't answer this question... From my understanding, most, if not all are mixed-sex. They 'may' have a section of the hall for single-sex, but I somehow doubt it. When I stayed at Manna Ash, it seemed to be mixed-sex across the entire hall. It was for me, anyway. I can't answer this question definitively, but I'd imagine they definitely are mixed-sex.

ReputationRep:
    yay that helpd lots!! thank you so so much!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.