Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Update on festival girl... Watch

Hey, so here's the original thread for those interested:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=987585

So now after finally adding her on fb with a small explanation, it seems she's rejected it (it went back to 'add as friend' from 'awaiting confirmation' thingy).

I think the name thing was a bigger problem than most people/I thought.

I am quite saddened, as we did get along quite good, and she was texting me how she was sorry she missed me on the last night and she looked for me (when she was sober). AND we were going to get married to 'How soon is now' by The Smiths! :eek3:

Obviously this rejection of the fb thing is a clear indication she doesn't want to know me anymore. Not sure how to take it really.

Any advice appreciated...no trolls though please!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    How bad is your name?

ReputationRep:
    didn't read the whole thread, but got the basic just of the story. have you ever thought she might have a boyfriend, and in festival land she forgot all about him? or something similar..?
    it hurts but there's obviously a reason she doesn't want to continue contact with you, and i find it hard to believe anyone would be so petty as to choose their friends on the basis of a name. take it on the chin and move on

ReputationRep:
    ERM try again?

ReputationRep:
    plenty more fish in da sea, sure go to benicassim nxt yer n land ure self a spaniard. didnt bother readin the original thread so if u did go to benicassim........:confused: .......gutted, much?

ReputationRep:
    Well should have given your name in the first place to avoid confusion. But what is done is done, you'll find someone else and get on with them, i'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    You've got her number, phone her up and say, "WTF?"

ReputationRep:
    If you do decide to leave it - I know it's upsetting, but don't let it get you down - remember that (as you said) you got on really well and she genuinely liked you. Sure, if the name thing was the reason she has rejected you (if she actually has), you made a mistake, but at least now you know not to make the mistake again.

(Original post by SMed)
    How bad is your name?
    Let's just say I have a foreign name

(Original post by brokenheroes)
    didn't read the whole thread, but got the basic just of the story. have you ever thought she might have a boyfriend, and in festival land she forgot all about him? or something similar..?
    it hurts but there's obviously a reason she doesn't want to continue contact with you, and i find it hard to believe anyone would be so petty as to choose their friends on the basis of a name. take it on the chin and move on
    Ah true I didn't think of that...good point :rolleyes:

(Original post by SMed)
    You've got her number, phone her up and say, "WTF?"
    Hehe I've considered doing that...but I might wait till I'm drunk sometime. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    stop being a pussy and say your name, so we can get a good idea, its not like anyone here will know u irl

ReputationRep:
    Forget her.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    stop being a pussy and say your name, so we can get a good idea, its not like anyone here will know u irl
    People do know me on here irl :p: Let's just say it's asian...I'm temped to just not post as anon.

ReputationRep:
    You had your fun, now its clear she doesn't want to take it further you just have to bite the bullet and move on. As hard as that is give it a few weeks/months and you'll be back to your old self.

ReputationRep:
    Ok your annoying just forget about her or ring her and tell her whats her problem.

SIMPLES :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Let's just say I have a foreign name
    What is it, Osama bin Barbell?

ReputationRep:
    my last name is Allcock, bring it on. Unless your one of the people on facebook search that is "Smallcock" then you lose.

ReputationRep:
    you lack game simple, anyone with sense would've done an abbreviation to their name

(Original post by dogie)
    my last name is Allcock, bring it on. Unless your one of the people on facebook search that is "Smallcock" then you lose.
    aha nothing as bad as that :p:

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Yawn11)
    you lack game simple, anyone with sense would've done an abbreviation to their name
    True that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.