Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Constant headache over past few days & shunned by doc, help? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    brain tumour?

did the doctor ever mention anything along those lines?
    2% of all headaches...
    A lot of them present with neurological defecit too.
    Did your GP examine your eyes?
    When is the headache worst, morning and evening, does it worsen on coughing and straining?

Its usually not this, in fact, it very very rarely is.

Common Diangosis is...

Tension headache
    Migraine headache
    Infection-related headache
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    defo try those 4head things. try taking a different kind of painkiller. some times that works.

ReputationRep:
    Try having an 9 year headache! I have chronic daily tension headaches so I haven't a single waking moment where i'm not in constant pain since i was 10. Try taking some ibuprofen, I find the neurofen liquid pills work best although they don't get rid of my headaches, they make them bearable so they should work for you. If its a tension headache it should help as its an anti-inflammatory.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a local walk-in centre, go there. Sometimes you'll wait ages. Go during the day when everybody else is in work or something. Explain that your doctor shunned you and that you're going away in a few days. Although they may only give you pain killers. Whether you think you're eyesight is good or not, it could still be your eyes causing the problem. If you're watching TV/at your computer in the dark, or reading with little light, that could be causing the problem.

ReputationRep:
    try pharmacy. Sometimes the phrmacist are more keen on helping patients than the doctors cus doctors are fed up with them lol.

Hope you get it sorted out eventually. Make sure you keep hydrated.

ReputationRep:
    Have you actually tried pain killers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dadeling)
    Try having an 9 year headache! I have chronic daily tension headaches so I haven't a single waking moment where i'm not in constant pain since i was 10. Try taking some ibuprofen, I find the neurofen liquid pills work best although they don't get rid of my headaches, they make them bearable so they should work for you. If its a tension headache it should help as its an anti-inflammatory.
    analgesic!

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. Ive an almost constant headache since November (Still going), but my doctor said that its probably migraines due to stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    analgesic!
    I'm no doctor, i have also never heard of that.
    My doctor has always said it was an anti-inflammatory to me, perhaps its just doctors who call it that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dadeling)
    I'm no doctor, i have also never heard of that.
    My doctor has always said it was an anti-inflammatory to me, perhaps its just doctors who call it that. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif
    ahhhh ok - yeah ibuprofen does both....
    it works against infection/injury -> anti-inflammatory
    and it works against pain -> analgesic

ReputationRep:
    Im am utterly fed up of being messed about by my doctor too. I hadnt been to the doctor in years but recently have been in 4 times with the same problem. They treat me like a hypochondriac.

There isnt really much you can do about it. Just book another appointment and in the meantime try and figure it out yourself. Make sure its not something simple like your contraception.

ReputationRep:
    I had a really bad headache for about 4 days, turns out it was a migraine and the Doctor gave me a prescription for tablets - maybe it's that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.