Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Palin Vs. Obama In 2012 Watch

• View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in 2012?
    PALIN / REPUBLICANS
    12.00%
    OBAMA / DEMOCRATS
    73.00%
    OTHER
    15.00%

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone considered that her resignation as Governor of Alaska was to focus on her presidential campaign, now being one of the Republican Party's top candidates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    Has anyone considered that her resignation as Governor of Alaska was to focus on her presidential campaign, now being one of the Republican Party's top candidates?
    Spot On - it's logical in the modern day Electoral system fo a candidate to begin preparation years ahead to be able to be a formidable candidate come the Iowa Caucus.

ReputationRep:
    I would encourage everyone to read the post on your blog where you embarrass yourself debating a 13 year old girl on MSN. I found it hysterical.

"David: I don't understand why people want to change the lifestyles of others, for the matter of what? 5 foot rise in sea levels?
    Oh dear.
    How horrific.
    (18:13) Jenny: 5 foot rise in oceans would take away half of manhattan
    (18:13) David: shock horror
    how hard is it to move manhattan inland?
    sure as hell, the USA has got enough spare land"

You are an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomBres)
    Spot On - it's logical in the modern day Electoral system fo a candidate to begin preparation years ahead to be able to be a formidable candidate come the Iowa Caucus.
    DomBres, thank you. I'd like for you to argue with these other people when I'm asleep!

Good luck with that one, you may need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sron)
    I would encourage everyone to read the post on your blog where you embarrass yourself debating a 13 year old girl on MSN. I found it hysterical.

"David: I don't understand why people want to change the lifestyles of others, for the matter of what? 5 foot rise in sea levels?
    Oh dear.
    How horrific.
    (18:13) Jenny: 5 foot rise in oceans would take away half of manhattan
    (18:13) David: shock horror
    how hard is it to move manhattan inland?
    sure as hell, the USA has got enough spare land"

You are an idiot.
    IF YOU HAD LOOKED AT THE DETAILS, YOU WOULD FIND OUT THAT IT WAS NOT ME BUT THE OTHER AUTHOR THAT POSTED THAT.

And he's prone to sarcasm, much as I am.

Jesus, you people are stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is highly unlikely that Palin would get the Republican nomination in 2012. In fact, I think her days in elective office are over. She can probably have a lucrative career as a conservative pundit, but she can forget about elective office. If she ever runs for anything ever again, the first question will always be: "How do we know you're not going to quit when things get tough, like you did in Alaska?"

Hillary is not going to run in 2012, but I would love to see her run in 2016.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klondiker)
    I think it is highly unlikely that Palin would get the Republican nomination in 2012. In fact, I think her days in elective office are over. She can probably have a lucrative career as a conservative pundit, but she can forget about elective office. If she ever runs for anything ever again, the first question will always be: "How do we know you're not going to quit when things get tough, like you did in Alaska?"

Hillary is not going to run in 2012, but I would love to see her run in 2016.
    Far too old by then, much like McCain was.

ReputationRep:
    IF YOU HAD LOOKED AT THE DETAILS, YOU WOULD FIND OUT THAT IT WAS NOT ME BUT THE OTHER AUTHOR THAT POSTED THAT.

And he's prone to sarcasm, much as I am.

Jesus, you people are stupid.
    Well the entire site is just as stupid, but I couldn't well copy the whole thing.

I'd vote libertarian in America. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sron)
    Well the entire site is just as stupid, but I couldn't well copy the whole thing.
    Not stupid - just where our opinions differ.

If you'd quote some other 'stupid' things I'd be happy to retort.

ReputationRep:
    If palin ever wins, the world will come to an end (and this isnt an overreaction southpark style).

ReputationRep:
    Palin, cause she has nice ****-sucking lips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burge)
    Hey, I'm not judging.

ReputationRep:
    Obama's current ratings are worse than George Bush was at the same time in his presidency.

He too is a puppet for equality.

Palin actually has proper views.
    But how? She's a woman after all!

Seriously though, what the hell does that have to do with anything? I have strong views, I'd make a **** President. Doesn't mean my 'proper views' are the right ones either and is possibly just more likely to make me adverse to criticism and change when necessary.

I don't really understand how Obama's a puppet nor how his currently lowish approval ratings mean a thing, since he admitted he expected as much from the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burge)

Sincerely, this is the best pro-Palin argument yet.

ReputationRep:
    Not possible. Never possible.
    Katie Couric gave Palin a chance to defend her previous claims that Alaska’s proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience. Palin lamented the fact that the press had “mocked” the notion, adding, “Our next door neighbors are foreign countries — they’re in the state that I am the executive of.”

Something like that is possibly the only thing that could top it, to be fair. :P

ReputationRep:
    I mean come on people, OK Obama hasn't delivered everything he promised, but we all knew that from the start. I would rather see Hilary in the White House. Or maybe even someone like Ron Paul.

But Palin? The woman is an idiot. She was a major factor towards McCain losing in 2008. The Republicans will be making a mistake if they make her their 2012 candidate, but if she ever became president I dread to think of the consequences.

ReputationRep:
    Britney for president <3

ReputationRep:
    Palin claims she reads The Economist.

I beg to differ. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Ron Paul for president definitely, but that won't be happening any time soon. :sigh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.