Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Palin Vs. Obama In 2012 Watch

• View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in 2012?
    PALIN / REPUBLICANS
    12.00%
    OBAMA / DEMOCRATS
    73.00%
    OTHER
    15.00%

ReputationRep:
    I deeply dislike Obama but I also find Palin a bit abhorrent - a vote for Palin is actually a vote for the people around her - one of them will end up running the show as happened with Bush. If Palin had a good team around her then it may be more palatable. Obama cannot be trusted given how he has acted already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Palin claims she reads The Economist.

I beg to differ. :sigh:
    Er why? It's a poorly researched, over priced sorry excuse for journalism. It's always five years behind because it desperately tries to adapt to contemporary views. I could easily imagine Palin reading such tripe.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Palin/any Republican candidate would wipe the floor with Obama. All hype, no substance.

ReputationRep:
    America would need a very big slap if it elected Palin after electing and re-electing Bush little more than a decade earlier.

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to worry about that.

Palin will not win the Republican ticket. I'm hoping for Romney and he will decimate Obama as he should.

I predict Obama's approval rating to be lower than Bush's by the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambielina)
    Katie Couric gave Palin a chance to defend her previous claims that Alaska’s proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience. Palin lamented the fact that the press had “mocked” the notion, adding, “Our next door neighbors are foreign countries — they’re in the state that I am the executive of.”

Something like that is possibly the only thing that could top it, to be fair. :P
    Palin has negotiated with Canada over oil & gas pipelines to the lower 48 states. I don't know why she didn't point that out when asked about her foreign policy experience. I guess maybe it's because Americans think Canada is a bit of a joke, and "not a real country", etc, which is a bit unfortunate since they are our largest trading partner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harris)
    You don't have to worry about that.

Palin will not win the Republican ticket. I'm hoping for Romney and he will decimate Obama as he should.

I predict Obama's approval rating to be lower than Bush's by the end.
    Nobody would vote for a mormon.

ReputationRep:
    its funny how all of you are saying either obama or palin

most of you can't vote for either - you are british not american

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    Obama's current ratings are worse than George Bush was at the same time in his presidency.

He too is a puppet for equality.

Palin actually has proper views.
    What the hell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Nobody would vote for a mormon.
    Evangelicals might not but I think Americans would. It's totally irrelevant to his policies!

Plus he's the ******* man

ReputationRep:
    Ralph Nader is the only way forward the USA! Obama is good as a person, but is easily led and influenced by others!

ReputationRep:
    Obama.

The only time I would consider voting for Palin is if the opposition was a German fellow named Adolf with a funny handle bar tash. Even then, I'd have to think it through.

Ralph Nader!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Obama, just so Palin lost. That said, I'd rather vote McCain/Biden than Obama/Palin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    its funny how all of you are saying either obama or palin

most of you can't vote for either - you are british not american
    One of the reasons we are in the mess we are in is because the international community had an impact on our elections. So we wound up with a far left president whose ideology is completely incompatible with this country, and everything the country was founded on. Obama is a great president for western Europe, but not a good one for Americans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harris)
    Evangelicals might not but I think Americans would. It's totally irrelevant to his policies!

Plus he's the ******* man
    I like Romney too. If the economy is still mess, it could be a great opportunity for Romney. He understands business and economics, he knows what it takes for business and industry to thrive, and he's had a lot of experience in the public and private sector. He's a great communicator, confident without being arrogant, and scandal-free.

ReputationRep:
    For God's sake. Palin is not stupid (bar the Sarkozy call). It has been completely exaggerated by the liberal media in order to destroy her credibility and make it less easy for her to gain access to the White House.

Look at Obama. Look at his history. Then you'll see who the idiot is.
    Either you're insinuating that the media fabricated every stupid comment she's made (they didn't), or she really is an idiot with no idea how to do much of anything except scream "Guns and religion!"

ReputationRep:
    The left can bash Palin all they want but I don't think she will even win the republican nomination, or at least I hope not, more likely Romney or somebody else with some sense.

ReputationRep:
    ...Palin actually has proper views.
    (Original post by Sh4w)
    What is that actually supposed to mean?
    Isn't it obvious? She can see Russia from her house.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharpshooter)
    The left can bash Palin all they want but I don't think she will even win the republican nomination, or at least I hope not, more likely Romney or somebody else with some sense.

Do you think Romney might be able to wrestle the young black vote away from Obama?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.