Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i'm starting at Surrey next month and still haven't heard back from them about what type of accomodation I will be staying in. To be fair they said it would be sometime in August and it's still early in the month, but i'd like to know when we get to find out. anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    what accomodation u applied for?

ReputationRep:
    talk of the devil, just recieved an email from the Uni today with details of my accomodation. Looks like I have Band D as requested International House...does anyone reside there? what's it like?

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Just got mine too. Very happy about getting Band D - got University Court (not my first choice, but sounds good).

Anybody from Surrey got any experiences of University Court - what is it like?

Thanks,
    Daniel.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in International House too, what floor/flat are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Do you get email even if you just have a conditional offer from the university? I've firmed Surrey, and applied for the accomodation already of course, but have no email?

ReputationRep:
    You don't get an accomodation offer until your offer is unconditional, so after you get your results =]

ReputationRep:
    I have also got email from the university, I will live in Surrey Court, Band C.

Has anyone already made any experience there?

Looking forward to September!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm in International house too. Bit confused though, I thought it was only for International and Post Grad students?

ReputationRep:
    Are the only students who have found out about their accomodation via email, international students?

'Cause i haven't
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No, you should have had an e-mail about it if you have and unconditional offer otherwise you have to wait until you get your results.

Yeah I wanted to be in Manor Park and I thought because I had applied early I should get a place. It seems a bit of a random one to be put in. What floor/flat are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Lever 2 Flat R32 apparently, whatever that means. So the floor below somewhere. Ohh really? Yeah I heard it was just for foreign students which worried me a bit. What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool. Well I've spoken to a couple of people through facebook in international house. I'm taking dance, you?

ReputationRep:
    Is there like a group for people that will be living there, maybe we should make one lol.
    I'm doing English lit =]

ReputationRep:
    Well there's just Surrey Fresher 2009 groups and people are just posting where they are staying there! Only students with an unconditional are getting allocated accommodation though so there's not as many people. Are you on facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, I was looking the other day and only found the freshers 08 group, I will join that.
    Yeah my link is - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...er?ref=profile
    Add me if you like. I will join that other group thing as well.

ReputationRep:
    I've added you. You'll see all the facebook groups on my page!

ReputationRep:
    Hey....I'm in International House Flat K3 Level 0...Anyone in that flat?

ReputationRep:
    hey there! im in Millennium House anyone else there?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Cathedral Court.

Was a bit annoyed at first because I wanted ensuite, but I'm sure I will live and the extra £20 a week will come in handy Im sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.