Turn on thread page Beta

Well, this is my first time posting in this forum, so here goes...

Recently I have noticed that when I am in situations where I am uncomfortable I act different. E.g. on my school achievement afternoon when I had to go on stage to collect my trophy, my hands were sweating, my hands were literally shaking when I shook the governer's hand (who was presenting it to me).

I also notice that in these type of situations, (yes, i know it is weird) my eyes go watery.

I don't know what is wrong with me :confused:

I used to have the same problem. How old are you? I put it down, now, in retrospect to excessive self-consciousness due to being a teen. and all that.

Doesn't bother me at all any more.

I am 15.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I used to have the same problem. How old are you? I put it down, now, in retrospect to excessive self-consciousness due to being a teen. and all that.

Doesn't bother me at all any more.
    Sorry, forgot to quote, I am 15 (and female, if that makes a difference).

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's a panic attack - I think they're a little more extreme, at least in my experience.
    I'd say it's just nerves really, you might just be one of the unlucky ones who has more physically obvious symptoms than others, heh.
    Here is a good list of the symptoms you'd normally get with an actual panic attack:
    http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Panic-Attack.htm
    You only seemed to mention two in your post so I wouldn't worry about it. Just try and drink water and relax when you feel like that.

ReputationRep:
    you'd know about it if you had a panic attack, that's just nervousness.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, forgot to quote, I am 15 (and female, if that makes a difference).
    I wouldn't worry about it. Obviously its not a panic attack. They are a lot worse (this is from experience!). Generally, the eyes watering thing I used to have the same thing but I never heard of it before, its just nervousness I think. Try to relax. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    What you had wasn't a panic attack, you'd know.
    I'd put that down to nervousness and general understandable anxiety.

ReputationRep:
    Its just nerves A panic attack is truly horrible. Feel really ill/weird like you're going to die!

ReputationRep:
    I also notice that in these type of situations, (yes, i know it is weird) my eyes go watery.
    I used to get that when I was nervous in lessons, thought it would seem like I was crying, but it mainly stopped when I stopped thinking about it.

Thank you to everyone who replied.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.