Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS-do you like sweet shy guys. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Theres no shy guys left, they commit suicide remember? survival of the fittest and all that.

Show me a 20 year old shy guy and I'll give you a medal.
    give me a medal.. i know one!

ReputationRep:
    They're sweet...but i don't see myself dating a really shy guy. They need a backbone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    They're sweet...but i don't see myself dating a really shy guy. They need a backbone.
    So you prefer to get beaten around by a nob then? Seems so annoying that girls want the bad guy, and then complain when.... the guy treats them bad

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, yes. Shy - to some extent. I couldn't bear any awkward silences, but I'm a hopeless romantic, and it can be quite endearing. So if they were the right type of shy, if such a thing exists, I definitely would, as long as they weren't shy around me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogie)
    xD what sort of face is that, wish i could make a girl do that
    I can.

(Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    but mabye i am shy :ninja: you'd have to meet me to find out :p:
    Are you coming on to me :O

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not saying this is true but they say women go for men that are like their fathers so maybe the past generation of men who are fathers now were all pricks so their daughters today are attracted to pricks. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally shy around new people, but it only takes me a few minutes to be myself. I hate people that are so shy they can't even hold a conversation. Guys and girls.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you coming on to me :O
    your anon, how can i :p:

and no, i didnt intend to

ReputationRep:
    yes :love:

ReputationRep:
    yes! but not too shy, I would like a convo

ReputationRep:
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogie)
    So you prefer to get beaten around by a nob then? Seems so annoying that girls want the bad guy, and then complain when.... the guy treats them bad
    Sometimes really shy guys can be too emotional...like my bestfriend.
    And no, i don't go for the bad boy.

ReputationRep:
    I'd want a happy medium, a guy who's not a complete ****, and one who has enough backbone to stick up for himself, and a guy who isn't arrogant yet who isn't shy.

ReputationRep:
    A little shyness and sweetness goes a long way for me, I don't like cocky-ego maniacs, and I find it hard to connect with someone who is overly shy, but a little bit of everything is good right? Except maybe, bad body odor.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind really. As long as hes not shy when hes around me its all good. People who never say anything when you're out with mates are kinda annoying though.

Basically being shys fine but only if you get more confident when you get to know people better/you're with your friends.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, if i liked a girl enough. I'd be anything she wanted me to be ;-)

I haven't found such a girl in 7 years of dating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedHistorian)
    Just because a guy is shy doesn't mean he doesn't have a backbone though.

I don't get the "too nice" thing either. Surely that's good? Yeah, of course you don't want a pushover or someone whos boring, but those things are different to being nice lol.

And to the person who about there being no 20 year old shy guys. I'm 19, and can't see myself changing within 9 months.

ReputationRep:
    Girls seem to associate a really nice sweet guy with having no backbone...

...errr...why? Just because Im a nice sweet guy doesnt mean if someone punches me in the face Im not going to punch them back.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes shy guys can be really cute. Other times, they don't work for me.

And I always like a sweet guy. Dating guys that tear you down or are just plain unresponsive isn't my favorite.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.