Turn on thread page Beta

GIRLS-do you like sweet shy guys. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    Girls seem to associate a really nice sweet guy with having no backbone...

...errr...why? Just because Im a nice sweet guy doesnt mean if someone punches me in the face Im not going to punch them back.
    Empirical evidence, really. "Really nice sweet" people in teenager terms are almost always like that because of self-esteem problems. Not that that's a rule or anything, it just happens.

ReputationRep:
    Too shy means its difficult to have a decent conversation, and too sweet *can* be annoying but not as annoying as too arrogant and self-obsessed. Doesnt mean to say I like big manly men but you want someone who's not going to be too scared to talk to you. Im shy enough for both of us

Wow, sounds hypocritical, but if I get a man who's confident enough to be himself around me and talk away to me then Im more likely to come out of my shell.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a shy guy of 20 lol. what do i do to be strong whenever i'm in contact with a girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    Too shy means its difficult to have a decent conversation, and too sweet *can* be annoying but not as annoying as too arrogant and self-obsessed. Doesnt mean to say I like big manly men but you want someone who's not going to be too scared to talk to you. Im shy enough for both of us

Wow, sounds hypocritical, but if I get a man who's confident enough to be himself around me and talk away to me then Im more likely to come out of my shell.
    That man is rarely being himself. He's being what he thinks you want him to be, with the sole aim of putting his penis in your vagina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burge)
    That man is rarely being himself. He's being what he thinks you want him to be, with the sole aim of putting his penis in your vagina.
    Assuming you're male, I dont think you should judge all men by what you do when you go out with someone...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    at least they aren't lying .

OP, me and you are doomed. i think you have to be loud and obnoxious until you're in a long term relationship and over 25.

So, we're in luck, we get the girls once their looks are on the way down and they've slept with all the ********s
    So true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Theres no shy guys left, they commit suicide remember? survival of the fittest and all that.

Show me a 20 year old shy guy and I'll give you a medal.
    2, almost 3 medals please

ReputationRep:
    lool im sometimes shy but only at the beginning once people get to know me shy would neverrrrrr be used to describe me. I think some if not most girls like sweet guys though, although deep down they want a BIG BAD MOFO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    in response the the Guys-do you like sweet shy girls.

discuss.
    Hey there Bret, I see you looking down.
    Don't want to see my little buddy there with a frown.
    Just because I get more women than you, well that's only because they don't know you like I do.
    Sure, you're weedy and kind of shy.
    But some girlie out there must be needy for a weedy, shy guy.

bret you got it going on!!!

ReputationRep:
    I like an air of shyness I suppose, but not if they show absolutely no assertion or initiative in the relationship. That'd just piss me off.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Seriously.

I prefer weird and sensitive though :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I do like sweet guys, yeah

ReputationRep:
    i love shy guys, not overly shy type tho

ReputationRep:
    If the girl says yes, shes lying to you.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with lovely sweet lads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    If the girl says yes, shes lying to you.
    Ditto.
    I see it as 3 types of girls:

There are the majority of girls, who don't go for shy guys.

The girls who claim to prefer shy guys because they don't get attention from the alpha male, yet those girls secretly prefer machos.

and the lesbians.

ReputationRep:
    Some do, some don't.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    I dont get the girls who like guys who treat like crap:confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    no they're annoying and pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    in response the the Guys-do you like sweet shy girls.

discuss.
    Sweet and shy is fine as long as there is an interesting personality and a good sense of humour beneath the sweet and shy exterior.
    Good looks help too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.