Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OK...cut a long story short...

Girl serves in bar--I go in when bored, when I'm alone, some nights, not consciously trying to make a rapport with her , occasionally she makes me laugh, seems friendly enough even though I don't percieve she'd percieve me as her type and she's freindly to guys shes known a bit who come in to. Then when she's off duty sitting having a pint with mates she calls me over, to have a drink with them, then we play some games, not that sort, but we just have a laugh but I'm quietish. Then one guy says are you coming to 'insert name of next club' (open later) and he and t'other pal was going with her..I says, without thinking much why, I'm going to wait a bit and see...

She then says, enigmatically, ah that's interesting, 'people's motives for doing certain things' she learnt in college etc etc..then it moves on

Not much more to tell other than she shakes my hand when she first meets me and when I leave, and then smiles again next time I'm in, and serves me tonight friendlyish but nothing special.

Anyway, girls or lads, is my perception she would not see me as her type right, despite ok chemistry? Are any signals such that she fancies me, or is it just regular behaviour?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I thought this thread said "how do I read this clock?".

How on earth do we know? She might be being friendly, or she might be leading you on, or she might be flirting really really badly. I'm afraid we don't know her, and your quote is unenlightening. Keep being friendly to her, it's worth giving it a go if you like her.

(Original post by generalebriety)

How on earth do we know? She might be being friendly, or she might be leading you on, or she might be flirting really really badly. I'm afraid we don't know her, and your quote is unenlightening. Keep being friendly to her, it's worth giving it a go if you like her.
    Well the quote shows she was reading something psychological into a fairly innocuous thing I said about my decision to go to the club....

so does that mean she's on her guard or suspicious, or keen?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well the quote shows she was reading something psychological into a fairly innocuous thing I said about my decision to go to the club....

so does that mean she's on her guard or suspicious, or keen?
    Well, exactly. It could mean any of those. All it means is she was curious for some reason. What that reason is, I can't tell you.

ReputationRep:
    But seriously, I dont really know to be honest. Maybe shes leading you on, maybe not. As a barmaid I think she sees many guys though, so see how she treats other guys?

Hope that helps a bit!
    =)

ReputationRep:
    Whats so hard about it? She sees you as a friend... unless she's given you her number or told you to call her, grabs your bum or other parts, or play fights. But seriously, theres nothing there

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like she's just being friendly. But why don't you just talk to her, see how things go, and generally start behaving like a normal human being rather than asking a bunch of strangers on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    Attempt to sex her over the bar the next time you go in and judge whether she wants you or not from her reaction.

ReputationRep:
    Working in a bar myself and seeing the amount of guys who think they are in there with the girls who work behind the bar, I'd doubt it was anything more than being friendly atm.

If I was you though, I'd get her number and then go out for a date. At the end of the day, she's working (or at least meant to be) so trying to judge how much she likes you based on how she treats you as a customer doesnt mean anything.

(Original post by RoosterUK)
    Working in a bar myself and seeing the amount of guys who think they are in there with the girls who work behind the bar, I'd doubt it was anything more than being friendly atm.

If I was you though, I'd get her number and then go out for a date. At the end of the day, she's working (or at least meant to be) so trying to judge how much she likes you based on how she treats you as a customer doesnt mean anything.
    Well yeah, but she just invited me over outside work time to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    you weren't that clear with quote marks in the 1st post.

spike her drink, they say a "drunk [wo]mans words are a sober [wo]mans thoughts."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generalebriety)
    Oh God that would've been brilliant

OK got to go to bed, but please continue answering as will pick up tommorow

rep on offer, for honest constructive advice

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her out dude.

Or try find her on bookface or facetube or what ever it's called.

ReputationRep:
    you probably should have told us that :p: kinda helps

So what's she asked you to do? Go over to hers? Just you 2? Sounds like she likes you to me :yes: But, I still think you should go on a date (and I wouldn't choose going out for drinks, too much like work) You've got nothing to lose.

Btw, you say she shakes your hand when you see each other? Thats a bit weird isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you like her since you're asking about it? there seems to be some interest from her since she called you over when off duty, but the handshake implies it's nothing too serious. Try talking to her more, just test the water a bit. Maybe suggest meetin gup just the two of you sometime? if she reacts positively its likely she's into you but if she seems weirded out you should just leave it. I'm not sure what you were saying about the whole club thing because you tried to shorten it, but if you're saying shes the type of girl that likes to go out a lot and you're not that kinda guy then you may not be the type she'd actively go for but people can like someone despite the lack of certain qualities they usually like and even change what they go for after experiencing a new kind of person.

So yea, just test her reactions x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.