Turn on thread page Beta

Please could you help me find an unusual haircut? watch

ReputationRep:
    I sort of have braces (the brackets but not the wires) and they don't really work with my face, or my hair, or my clothes. My fashion style is quite outgoing in terms of colours and prints and loudness (my teacher called me 'flashy') but now with my hair and the braces, I just look like a little child that can't quite manage to put together a decent outfit on their own and my hair makes my new braces-face look really babyish.

So I need a hairstyle that's quite different, so that I'm closer to Poly Styrene than Ugly Betty. At the minute I'm thinking the style of this one

with the colour of this one

I'd really love to have it white, but most people are against that.

But I'd love to see if anyone has better ideas. I'd rather not post a photo of me but I can if it'd help.

(Just to clarify I don't actually want hair like Poly Styrene's, but hers is very attention-grabbing and I think it works with the braces as an overall attitude, whereas Ugly Betty's hair is nice in itself, but with the braces doesn't really do much for her)

ReputationRep:
    The top one is lovely as a funky hair style, if you can put up with a fringe like that and constantly straightening your hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    The top one is lovely as a funky hair style, if you can put up with a fringe like that and constantly straightening your hair.
    This :yes:

ReputationRep:
    why do you have brackets without wires?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dvorak.org/blog/wp-conten...-hair-bald.jpg, whatever you do, don't try this hair cut

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

pretty :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Thankyou Everyone loves that one. Yeah I have a big fringe and hair that needs straightening at the minute, so it'll be reet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shakerbaby)
    why do you have brackets without wires?
    I don't quite know... I thought I was getting braces on the 3rd and a checkup on the 10th, but I went on the 3rd and all he did were the brackets, and I'm assuming he's finishing it off on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGimpMan)
    :lolwut:

pretty :rolleyes:
    You aren't a fan of the pictures?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Get a fullet!

Shannyn Sossamon, Agyness Deyn and Naima (from 'America's Next Top Model') have always had, in my opinion, amazing hair!

I really like the picture's you have up as well though. Just make sure the style will suit your face first :p:

ReputationRep:
    i still think my photo is the best. you can not get a more unsual hair cut than cutting your fro into a hat! i mean come on!!! respect to the guy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Havers)
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Thats quite unusual =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IQ Test)

Thats quite unusual =D
    ooo do this!!! but have a cap bit on the front!

ReputationRep:
    Tegan and Sara have some pretty different cuts? :cool: 'Fullet' as someone put it lol. Need to be kinda edgy n alternative to pull it off though, but from what you've said I imagine you could.

ReputationRep:
    This myspace group has loads of funky/alternative hairstyle pictures (and colours too!)

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...0BB18292840088

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farmboy_Pip)
    Get a fullet!

Shannyn Sossamon, Agyness Deyn and Naima (from 'America's Next Top Model') have always had, in my opinion, amazing hair!

I really like the picture's you have up as well though. Just make sure the style will suit your face first :p:
    Oooh I'd forgotten about Agyness' hair, thank you! I'll need to look into those three, cheers

As a rule short hair seems to suit my face much more than long hair, so I think I'll be alright with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGjeff)
    Tegan and Sara have some pretty different cuts? :cool: 'Fullet' as someone put it lol. Need to be kinda edgy n alternative to pull it off though, but from what you've said I imagine you could.

I'm afraid I don't suit side fringes or 'wispy' fringes, but I agree they are cool And I love the bottom right one, the bob one, but it's pretty similar to mine at the minute Thank you though!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.