Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Christian Louboutin help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, this is my first post as i'm a new member. Hope everyone is well! :-)

I have a problem and wondering if i could get some help from anyone who's into fashion, ideally shoes!

It's my girlfriends birthday soon (September) and i was wanting to buy her something special, something that i know she would like. I was talking to her best friend last week about what i should get her as i was undecided. I was told that she's in love with a pair of shoes - Christian Louboutin 'Dillian Flower Pumps' so i decidced to have a look and see where the best place was to buy her a pair.

The problem i'm having is that i can't seem to find a trusted official website to buy them from. They seem very scarce and rare, possibly because they are last seasons? I'm not sure.

Hopefully there will be someone who could point me in the right direction. I'm looknig for the red style in size 3 or 3.5 and under £1,000

Any help would be fantastic. :-)

- Lee

ReputationRep:
    Ive looked on most websites to be honest. I would maybe go to or call selfridges or harrods. This is an alternative tho but not designer
    ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&view AllFlag=true&catalogId=19551&sto reId=12556&categoryId=175028&par ent_category_rn=175012&productId =1217077&langId=-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fungirl1234)
    Ive looked on most websites to be honest. I would maybe go to or call selfridges or harrods. This is an alternative tho but not designer
    ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&view AllFlag=true&catalogId=19551&sto reId=12556&categoryId=175028&par ent_category_rn=175012&productId =1217077&langId=-1

Hi, thanks for the reply. It's weird how they have vanished as it seems! Is this normal? :-)

ReputationRep:
    Wow, your girlfriend is insanely lucky. You can try Saks http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...m0452513052104, but I don't think they do international shipping...
    Btw Louboutins run a bit small, so you should probably get your girlfriend to try on a pair of any louboutins to confirm her size...

ReputationRep:
    Saks ship to the UK - they're your best bet.

ReputationRep:
    try www.net-a-porter.com they have lots

ReputationRep:
    http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/context_chooser.jsp
    there you go - and lucky for you they've just started shipping to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    but they aren't under £1000...

ReputationRep:
    Find a new low-maint gf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cnguyen)
    Wow, your girlfriend is insanely lucky. You can try Saks http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...m0452513052104, but I don't think they do international shipping...
    Btw Louboutins run a bit small, so you should probably get your girlfriend to try on a pair of any louboutins to confirm her size...
    I'd lovveee another pair of Louboutin's, but that won't be happening anytime soon.

Anyway OP, you definitely need to get her to try them on. cnguyen is right, CL's don't run true to size, and some women find they have to go up a half size, or in fact down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)
    With the exchange rate they're only £5 over :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    Anyway OP, you definitely need to get her to try them on. cnguyen is right, CL's don't run true to size, and some women find they have to go up a half size, or in fact down.
    Ooh, that is excellent news for me - I'm a 6 or a 7 (so basically 6 1/2) so CLs actually might fit me!

ReputationRep:
    OOO ur GF is sooo lucky there stunning shoes

ReputationRep:
    I would buy them either from net-a-porter.com or www.malleries.com The latter is shops at malleries and IIRC is based in Canada so you would probably need to buy a little more in advance.

I've had a look on net-a-porter and most of it is the current season, with a lot of their classics thrown in. I'll have a quick search on malleries (who are completely trustworthy by the way and strive to authenticate all designer goods before they go on sale - i have bought with them before).

Edit: Just found out they're actually called the 'dillon pump' and it's these:

ReputationRep:
    If I were to get a pair of Louboutains I wouldn't choose the Dillion Flower ones, you can barely notice the red sole amongst all that red and frills! http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...6896&ev19=1:11 - much more fierce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)
    What are you talking about? You'll often be hard pushed to find them for over £1000 unless it's for certain boots or for custom made shoes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eimky)
    If I were to get a pair of Louboutains I wouldn't choose the Dillion Flower ones, you can barely notice the red sole amongst all that red and frills! http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...6896&ev19=1:11 - much more fierce
    those are horrible. although i guess it's just personal taste. I much prefer a lot of the classic styles, which have the benefit of staying in fashion for decades and not just one or two seasons, plus are often much more wearable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    those are horrible. although i guess it's just personal taste. I much prefer a lot of the classic styles, which have the benefit of staying in fashion for decades and not just one or two seasons, plus are often much more wearable.
    Horrible! :eek: Pfft you're a guy, guys don't get fashion :p: Though I do have to agree, classic black pumps would be the best bet, you'd get so much more wear out of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eimky)
    Horrible! Pfft you're a guy, guys don't get fashion Though I do have to agree, classic black pumps would be the best bet, you'd get so much more wear out of them.
    Lol she's a girl!! and they are horrible, Circus is something that thankfully won't last forever (thanks Britney!)
    OP could you get something a bit more Iconic Louboutin? They'll be cheaper for you and they'll be able to be worn a lot more and probably noticed a lot more too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulpicia)
    Find a new low-maint gf.
    Haha she is, very low-maint. That's why i think she'll appreciate them more! :-)

Thankyou all for your replies by the way, i didn't expect so many!
    I have to go out now, and haven't had time to really read into your replys. But i will do when i get back

Thanks again
    Lee :-)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.