Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'm about a size 12/14 and am looking for some shapewear to hold my belly in a bit. I wanted to wear a bodycon style skirt but I'm not happy with the way my belly bulges out. I realise that no amount of shapewear is going to make me look like a size 10 I'm just looking to smooth out the lumps and bumps a little. I don't really want the pants or fully body suits - I wanted more just for the belly. Sort of like a big bandage that goes around from your ribs to hips - can't really explain it. Would like a corset someday but I need this for Saturday and can't really afford too much. I've tried just the tights which have the belly control before but they had a pattern down the thigh which would show under the skirt. Any suggestions welcome thanks =)

ReputationRep:
    Go to asda. It sits just under your bust and you can get it in like a thong style or just normal style. About £6? Works a charm :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have a suggestion.

Eat less.

Move more.

Works every time.

ReputationRep:
    Get some giant granny pants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    I have a suggestion.

Eat less.

Move more.

Works every time.
    Hardly going to work before Saturday though is it?

ReputationRep:
    Pop into M&S and have a look at their shapewear section. I've got some brilliant pieces from there and they really do smooth out annoying lumps and bumps that just won't disappear no matter how much you diet or exercise.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you put the skirt in your closet and only take it out when it fits you perfectly. Just sayin bodycon is hard to pull off.

ReputationRep:
    ONE WORD: Spanx.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    I have a suggestion.

Eat less.

Move more.

Works every time.
    Bit harsh? It's not that easy to get a brilliant figure. Even slim people get annoying lumps and bumps tbf.

Try Debenhams, Marks and Spencers, maybe even Asda. As suggested =)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.