Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how you check what band/level you got if you sat Highers/Advanced Highers. Basically you get a certificate stating your overall grade but does not state whether you got a band 1 or 2. Anyone know how to check this without attending school as I have already left?

ReputationRep:
    is phoning your school an option?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could send an owl..with a note?

ReputationRep:
    Schools may be busy at the moment with appeals and stuff. I tried to phone up for bands last year (although that wasn't the only reason i phoned) but didn't get them. Had to wait til I got back.

I've left school too, and i've been e-mailing my teachers in hope of a response... got one so far

ReputationRep:
    I went into school on Wednesday to change my courses for next year and my guidance teacher told me them; I didn't even ask.

ReputationRep:
    Last year my teacher just randomly told me my bands; I didn't even know that they knew what we got.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to know mine.
    Incase I'm dissapointed I guess. And I feel its the grade that counts anyway.

I do however want to know what I got for my art folios :p: Oooh, they should be back soon!

ReputationRep:
    I know i got a band 4 for my adv geography study/issues project/exam. I don't care though, a B is a B and didn't play any part in my uni offer.

ReputationRep:
    My english teacher emailed me to tel me I got a band 1 A, think she was more excited than I was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    My english teacher emailed me to tel me I got a band 1 A, think she was more excited than I was!
    I wish my teachers would email me my bands :p:

ReputationRep:
    I phoned up yesterday about appeals and he told me I couldn't until I got back (appealing) but he gave me my bands.

ReputationRep:
    All your teachers will have access to your bands, and even your marks down to the exact question. You might find that some teachers will only give you info about their subject, i.e allowing your subject teacher to tell you, or not depending on what they like to do.
    You can also find out your marks for investigations etc

And if all else fails and you end up at Glasgow (and i assume other unis) there is a bit on your profile which lists previous education and that tells you your bands, not that you care by that stage.

ReputationRep:
    Will my graphic communication teacher have my complete mark out of 200 and my separate marks for the exam out of 160 and the coursework out of 40 since I want to know what I got in the actual exam?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.