Turn on thread page Beta

What is the law on student teacher relationships if the student is of age? watch

ReputationRep:
    I understand the law about if the student is underage that is statutory rape, but I've always wondered about students on a university level. What if the student is not in the professor's class? What if they just so happened to meet where at the university and the college student it of age?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suraja)
    I understand the law about if the student is underage that is statutory rape, but I've always wondered about students on a university level. What if the student is not in the professor's class? What if they just so happened to meet where at the university and the college student it of age?
    The the law is certainly not involved, but it may be against the Universities rules... the worst that could happen is that the lecturer/professor would be sacked.(theres a pretty good chance he would be in most cases)

ReputationRep:
    they prob get sacked, sort of a abuse of power, because they are in a trusted position, but then at 18/19 up your at the age where you can make your own mind up, so well its may be looked down on

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.