Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Looking for adrenaline-inducing music watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd like you to share with me your favourite music that tends to 'pump' you up. I find that there's an amazing feeling that certain types of music can produce when you're running or exerting other types of physical effort. Sometimes there's a tune that almost makes you feel invulnerable, which can allow you to push a bit harder, which in turn feels great.

This isn't a request for regular running music, but for those few rare pearls... I'm not looking for just any loud, thrashing stuff. I guess it's hard to describe. It's best if you listen to something I like, I guess.

Paul Oakenfold - Ready, Steady, Go!

That's an example of a song that does it for me, personally. It's an edited video clip of the film "Collateral". All the regular audio has also been overlayed by the music, so that the latter can be heard better. The unaltered scene, for those interested, can be found here (great scene from a great film, IMO).

Another example is Propellerheads - Spybreak! (skip to 1m05).

As you can see, these are typically tunes you'll find in intense action scenes in movies. I know of many other examples, but I won't list them all just yet (will add more later). So, if you can think of any, please add them here to see if we've been missing out on any. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    It's all about adrenaline-inducing music. Can't live without it!

^^^^ This song makes me wanna :danceboy: !

Stomp!

^^^^ This is just a bit mental.

Woo, old school Goa. This song makes me want to flail around like an idiot! And I will do in a few days, when I see him and Zen Mechanics at Ozora Festival in Hungary. Woooo-oooo-oooot!!!

ReputationRep:
    The solution to your problem is easy....

Two Words....

"THE PRODIGY"

----------------------------

Although if you want some unknown/undiscovered artists - then check these out:

Materia
    Krafty Kuts
    Freestylers
    Freq Nasty
    Plump DJ's
    A Skillz
    Stanton Warriors

ReputationRep:
    Rammstein!!!

ReputationRep:
    Beethoven and an epipen.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Heart by Pet Shop Boys** is my favourite running song, although I don't know why I'm recommending it, it's a million miles away from 'action scene music'. I think it's the "uh-a-oh-oh" noises in the background, that come in at the start after "heart beat". And it's nice running to Neil's soft voice, typical 'adrenaline' music with shouting or whatever just makes running harder for me really.

Also Life During Wartime by the Talking Heads, because the video always sticks in my head, and I feel like I'm dancing rather than running, and so get a rather nicer 'dancing' adrenaline rush.

Ooh also God Is A DJ by Faithless.

**My version starts much better than this, it's just "beat...heartbeat" and then in with the main duh-duh duh-duh bit.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the pictures on this one; t'was the only decent version I could find

and of course.....

Although most Pantera also has a similar effect

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomik)
    It's all about adrenaline-inducing music. Can't live without it!
    Thanks for those!

(Original post by mr_qwerty)
    The solution to your problem is easy....

Two Words....

"THE PRODIGY"
    Yep, already a big fan! I'll check out the others you mentioned.

As for the Metallica/rock/metal suggestions, I do like them and the genres, but it doesn't really pump me up, personally.

I'll add more some day soon... just incredibly busy with moving at the moment.

ReputationRep:

**** yeah \m/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.