The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

There's a website... I think it was called travelwm.co.uk but I'm not positive... you need to submit a photo too. Mine didn't take too long to arrive, but best to get it in enough time if you're concerned.
maybe someone else can confirm this.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Miss_Scarlet
There's a website... I think it was called travelwm.co.uk but I'm not positive... you need to submit a photo too. Mine didn't take too long to arrive, but best to get it in enough time if you're concerned.
maybe someone else can confirm this.

do you remember roughly how much it cost and if it was worth it? im just thinking that i dont want to be in a situation where i get the U1 bus pass and then end up travelling on the 12th or w/e half the time (although i cant rmb if theyre same company so maybe its okay?)
I thought the pass worked for various buses?

I used the 12 most of the time and it was worth it, as you need to use it every day.
Reply 4
Y'anami!
I'm gonna be a second year living in Leam, where would I get a bus pass? And how long does it take to get to you (or when abouts should I order it)?

Thank youuuuu :smile:

abrp
do you remember roughly how much it cost and if it was worth it? im just thinking that i dont want to be in a situation where i get the U1 bus pass and then end up travelling on the 12th or w/e half the time (although i cant rmb if theyre same company so maybe its okay?)

You can apply online or just go to a shop in Leam for a unirider (U1, U2 & stagecoach all round the vicinity (cov, warwick, leam etc.)

3 term unirider was $240 last year

the 12 is a travel coventry/travel west midlands thing which is COMPLETLY SEPARATE..There is no universal pass.
it is (U1)Stagecoach or the 12

UNIRIDER LINK HERE

TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS (12) LINK HERE
Reply 5
Chrrye
You can apply online or just go to a shop in Leam for a unirider (U1, U2 & stagecoach all round the vicinity (cov, warwick, leam etc.)

3 term unirider was $240 last year

the 12 is a travel coventry/travel west midlands thing which is COMPLETLY SEPARATE..There is no universal pass.
it is (U1)Stagecoach or the 12

UNIRIDER LINK HERE

TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS (12) LINK HERE

thanks for the helpful post :smile: i was gonna neg some idiot but ill give you + rep instead after midnight :yes:
Reply 6
abrp
thanks for the helpful post :smile: i was gonna neg some idiot but ill give you + rep instead after midnight :yes:

Chars..
Not this idiot still bugging you I hope?

I wouldnt rush into buying bus stuff till you are in Leam.

There is the u1 v 12 decision to be made and it is not as cut and dry as the prices on the site might have you think..
Reply 7
Chrrye
Chars..

There is the u1 v 12 decision to be made and it is not as cut and dry as the prices on the site might have you think..

No offence, but if you are at University, i'd imagine you were 20/21. Wtf are you doing in on a Friday night?
Reply 8
Chrrye
Chars..

nah i dont bother with those kinda people. he already has enough neg rep. i wanted to neg some foo from Canada lol.

yep def im not gonna buy it yet :p: im gonna move in on the 1st of Sept and see what kind of bus routes are around...but whenever ive been to Leam i always seem to be taking the U1 bus so.

btw whos that in your avatar?

edit: gave you your rep :smile:
Reply 9
Moghul
No offence, but if you are at University, i'd imagine you were 20/21. Wtf are you doing in on a Friday night?

I am in my bed? :s-smilie:
Its not term time and the chavs come out on a Friday were I live
Offense taken ~**** off?
Reply 10
abrp
nah i dont bother with those kinda people. he already has enough neg rep. i wanted to neg some foo from Canada lol.

yep def im not gonna buy it yet :p: im gonna move in on the 1st of Sept and see what kind of bus routes are around...but whenever ive been to Leam i always seem to be taking the U1 bus so.

btw whos that in your avatar?

edit: gave you your rep :smile:

Missy Peregrym :coma:

Yeah I had a Unirider(U1) last year. Not sure about this year...decisions decisions
Chrrye
Missy Peregrym :coma:

Yeah I had a Unirider(U1) last year. Not sure about this year...decisions decisions

:coma: indeed :coma:

mmm why are you considering switching from U1?

btw in your rep message, i kinda got the same idea quite some time ago, have u confirmed it in RL :p: ?
Reply 12
abrp
:coma: indeed :coma:

mmm why are you considering switching from U1?

btw in your rep message, i kinda got the same idea quite some time ago, have u confirmed it in RL :p: ?

Well on the face of it, 12 is cheaper.
The U1 is more popular among students. Its like choosing between Leam and Cov. They both have advantages but most people seem to head for Leam (so more people head for Leam because thats where everyone is (its a cycle))
U1 are usually bit more busy I think. You get more locals on a 12.

I was on U1 last year as most of my friends seemed to be. Hence when I travelled on a U1 i saw my friends and it was good. If I could get them all to switch it would be cheaper for everyone and still fun :yes:
I am having a similar U1 vs. 12 debate with myself at the moment. The U1s are more frequent, which is a plus, but everyone seems to get them and I'm going to be living at the top of Kenilworth Rd and so I'm thinking that maybe the 12s are less likely to go past in the mornings full up without stopping than the U1s? But I'm a research student so won't necessarily need to be on campus for a certain time in the morning, so maybe that doesn't matter so much? Hmmm tricky...
Reply 14
Wow, I never thought it would be this complicated LOL COMPLETELY lost now.. but will figure it out at some point :P Thanks for all the responses guys! :smile:

Lol I'm still amazed.
urgh which is the bus which takes every little side road to pick up school kids and elderly people? its so annoying. i got onto it when i was going to my resit in summer and i thought id be late cos it kept stopping at every ******* damn alley way to pick up some elderly who all seemed to knew each other. if thats the #12 then **** that lol id rather walk further to u1/u2
Reply 16
Y'anami!
Wow, I never thought it would be this complicated LOL COMPLETELY lost now.. but will figure it out at some point :P Thanks for all the responses guys! :smile:

Lol I'm still amazed.

Its not that complicated. Basically there are 2 companies who run the Leam-Uni route.
They both have buses going about the same frequency.
If you buy a pass with one company you are committing yourself to taking their buses for the year..
Reply 17
abrp
urgh which is the bus which takes every little side road to pick up school kids and elderly people? its so annoying. i got onto it when i was going to my resit in summer and i thought id be late cos it kept stopping at every ******* damn alley way to pick up some elderly who all seemed to knew each other. if thats the #12 then **** that lol id rather walk further to u1/u2

Lol that doesnt sound like either of them tbh...
They both go through Kenilworth at the weekend which is elderly annoying sometimes...
Don't get a pass for the 12. You will regret it when they only arrive every 30minutes in the morning full of old people and children wanting to go to Cov/Kenilworth whilst the U1 leaves every 10 minutes. Anyway the U1 is a sociable experience. All your friends will be on it too and time flies when your having fun with your bus friends. It might be more expensive but better value for money as you can use it to get around Leam, go to Kenilworth, Warwick and Cov. Plus the U1 runs later at night too for an additional £1 (though John never makes you pay it) Oh yes and you get John the bus driver to brighten up your life!!!
Reply 19
Definitely get the U1 rather than the 12. More frequent, much shorter journey times and John!

Latest