Turn on thread page Beta

Is it ok to feel attracted to your second cousins? watch

(Original post by mathill)
    If your second cousin was Jessica Alba, then yes, this is fine.
    NO, think of a young, posh version of keanu reeves, very good looking.... :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I had a relationship with my second cousin (admittedly I didn't know till we started going out). It's not the end of the world... although mine was same-sex so I guess the incest thing wasn't reaaally as important

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    right, but wrong

the brother of your great grandad shoudl logically be your great granduncle - having the double great complicates it and isnt logical.

your dads uncle should be granduncle - it is silly to skip a generation and call himyour great uncle.
    Probably, but it just sounds less odd to call him my great uncle.

(Original post by yemisdate)
    I had a relationship with my second cousin (admittedly I didn't know till we started going out). It's not the end of the world... although mine was same-sex so I guess the incest thing wasn't reaaally as important
    this is same sex... he doesn't know me tho i just like him...

ReputationRep:
    Its not against the law ..... whether it's morally wrong is a different thing entirely .....

ReputationRep:
    It actually depends on your society and culture. If it's acceptable, then it's OK. If not, it's not wrong, but I'd stay away.

For example, first and second cousin marriages are quite the norm here in the Middle East(specially in the Arabian peninsula). The only reason one would not consider marrying his/her cousin is if they are scared of genetically acquired diseases, or if the grew up in the same house(which makes it kinda inappropriate).

ReputationRep:
    You're blood related - so yes it wrong!!

ReputationRep:
    Im really crap with relations

so first cousins are like your mums sisters daughter right...?

whats second cousin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    As they say, incest is best.
    Buahahahaha... I was going to say that!!! Where did that some from originally?

ReputationRep:
    It is actually not that bad there have been storied where siblings have married each other. It is only natural - I am guessing your not exactely in love with them right? Also, scientifically it apparently depends on what side they are related through mother or father - but that only a probably if you are planing to have babies which i am guessing not right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i-Citizen)
    Im really crap with relations

so first cousins are like your mums sisters daughter right...?

whats second cousin?
    a first cousin is anyone directly related to your parents. For exmaple their brothers or newphews.

A second cousion is someone who is another step away from that. i.e your parents cousin. So you share the same great grandparents but not the same grandparent.

ReputationRep:
    aslong as their not 7.

ReputationRep:
    Look at it as the best of both worlds. It's technically legal, but you can still have at the back of your mind the thought that you're commiting taboo.

On the other hand, if you make a move on your second cousin and she thinks you're an incestuous weirdo... that'd be kinda awkward. Unless you live in Norfolk, it's probably not going to happen.

ITS NOT A SHE! its a he and he's my age and looks like a posh, younger version of keanu reeves!!! who wouldn't like him?!

bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    bump
    Was the bump necessary?
    The answer has clearly been answered; it is not "OK" nor acceptable to shag someone you are related to. Attraction might occur, but don't act upon it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MISSLI)
    Was the bump necessary?
    The answer has clearly been answered; it is not "OK" nor acceptable to shag someone you are related to. Attraction might occur, but don't act upon it.
    That's not the actual conclusion. The vast majority said that whilst it was not ideal, there was nothing legally wrong and the relation is so far apart it isn't particularly a problem. I ave no idea who most of my second cousins are, I'm sure I have loads!

ReputationRep:
    I think it is odd to be honest, but perfectly legal and your children shouldn't turn out mutated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky99)
    That's not the actual conclusion. The vast majority said that whilst it was not ideal, there was nothing legally wrong and the relation is so far apart it isn't particularly a problem. I ave no idea who most of my second cousins are, I'm sure I have loads!
    TBH I was considering the majority of posts as trolls rather than serious responses to the main topic.
    Unlike you, OP seems to genuinely be aware of his relation to these girls/boys and is asking us if it's "OK" to be attracted to them, hence my reaction ..

ReputationRep:
    If he's a younger version of Keanu Reeves, I'll wait till he hits the matrix age. That's when he got *hot*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.